Trust between forests

hello Gentlemen,

I have two Windows 2000 Active Directory forests that I need to
establish trust, I can set it up in one way but whenever I try to setup
the other way it tells me access to the domain is denied.

Any ideas thoughts please share with me.

Mishal

--
MishalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

"Mishal" <Mishal.1rmzka@> wrote in message
> I have two Windows 2000 Active Directory forests that I need to
> establish trust, I can set it up in one way but whenever I try to setup
> the other way it tells me access to the domain is denied.

You cannot establish a trust between Win2000 FORESTS, but only
between the individual domains of one forest and a single domain
(per trust) of the other forest.

External trusts are dependent on NetBIOS name resolution.

> Any ideas thoughts please share with me.

Usually such problems are due to NetBIOS name resolution but it
isn't clear why it would work in one direction and not the other.

Do you have more than one Subnet? If so you need WINS server
AND you need all of the machines, especially DCs, to be WINS
clients of the same WINS database (database= replicated set of
WINS Servers.)

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE