windows user creation script in active directory....

Hi

I am looking at script for user creation from Microsoft Excel file in Windows
2003 Ent. Server.
We have 1500 users and we create a Excel file and enter all the user name and
user information.
Now I would like to run the script that will create all the users name in
Active Directory.

So I can run script instead of create 1500 user manually.

I value your thoughts and look forward to your comments

uday

uday wrote:

> I am looking at script for user creation from Microsoft Excel file in
Windows
> 2003 Ent. Server.
> We have 1500 users and we create a Excel file and enter all the user name
and
> user information.
> Now I would like to run the script that will create all the users name in
> Active Directory.
>
> So I can run script instead of create 1500 user manually.
>
> I value your thoughts and look forward to your comments

Hi,

I have a sample VBScript program that creates users in bulk from the
information in an Excel spreadsheet linked on this page:

http://www.rlmueller.net/CreateUsers.htm

The program can be modified to assign values to other attributes.

You can also investigate the command line utilities csvde and ldifde, both
of which have syntax help at the command prompt of a Domain Controller. And,
since you have W2k3, you can also use the command line utility dsadd in a
script.

--
Richard
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI