Win98 box not validating against DC

We just implemented a Pix firewall and broke our LAN into a couple of
subnets (one for each department). The file server that handled one
department was promoted to a domain controller (dcpromo) to validate their
logons. This DC is in the same subnet. The firewall was opened up to allow
this box to sync with the other domain controllers. This part is working.

The few Win98 boxes that they have are not validating against that DC. Does
it take a while for them to recognize this DC? I tried them minutes after
rebooting the DC but haven't tried them sense. We are still running in mixed
mode.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Denny

I suspect that the Win98 clients are only able to authenticate against the
PDC Emulator, which is probably the original DC which it sounds like is now
on a different segment and needs ports opened up for clients to
authenticate.

Mike Shepperd