Policy Query

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 5, 2005 10:35:04 AM

I've added some PCs to an active directory domain. I now need to change their
Internet Explorer setting for a proxy server. How do I do this? Is there an
article on the Microsoft website ? Thanks for any replies

More about : policy query

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 1:38:08 PM

hello!

yes you can do that by installing ieak (internet explorer administrative
kit) ..you can install it at your computer.
it will add internet explorer maintenance key in your gpo under user
configurationg -->windows settings, than you need to navigate to connection
and you can modify your settings there.

"Mick" wrote:

> I've added some PCs to an active directory domain. I now need to change their
> Internet Explorer setting for a proxy server. How do I do this? Is there an
> article on the Microsoft website ? Thanks for any replies
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:12:02 AM

Hi Mick,

a more manageable way of doing this would be through Group Policy. Adding
the clients to an OU and then setting a policy (with proxy settings in) and
apply it to the OU.

Cheers,
Ewan

!