3dfx agp fan

ibmp200

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
i have a question about gpu cooling fans. I have a 3dfx voodoo4 4500 agp. it came with a Thermshield 20032 fan on the heatsink of course. the standard factory fan, out of the box when i first bought it. over the years, the fan started emitting a noise. it worked, i just got annoyed by the slight noise, and it wasnt any of my system fans. i still have the initial fan, and am looking to replace it with something better. what are some good brands to go with out there? the fan has a 3-pin connector. is thermaltake good? antec, or others? i was thinking of trying one of thermaltakes heatpipe agp fans. i want to get a fan thats not going to be noisy, and that will last a good while. i am using the card with games that arent too graphic intensive, at least from the late 90s. i also do not overclock, tweak, or liquid-cool the card. any suggestions guys?

thanks

ANIA_fanboy

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Wow! I am stunned to find someone using a 3dfx card on their primary PC.

I was a big 3dfx guy. I loved my Voodoo 5 (long lost releative of the 7950)

Honestly, you would be better off finding a newer card. It would be money better spent.

I'm not saying you should get a geforce 6800 or anything but, I geforce 4 mx card should do just fine.

I would want to check to make sure that the AGP voltage will work with such a card. Check your mobo.

Does anyone else have an idea or suggestions?

We should help this person move to the late 90's!