DNS Question

I'll try to keep this quick.....

I have an NT4 Domain with Windows 2000 DNS servers running with a primary
zone of "mycompany.com". The NT4 Domain name is "company"
I have a new 2003 AD Domain that we will be migrating into. The Domain name
is "mycomoany.com" which is the same as the DNS name we use.
Can I export the DNS entries from my Windows 2000 DNS server and import them
into the new 2003?
Is an easier way to do this?

See if this article helps:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/13503/13503.html

Dan

"" wrote:
> I'll try to keep this quick.....
>
> I have an NT4 Domain with Windows 2000 DNS servers running
> with a primary
> zone of "mycompany.com". The NT4 Domain name is "company"
> I have a new 2003 AD Domain that we will be migrating into.
> The Domain name
> is "mycomoany.com" which is the same as the DNS name we use.
> Can I export the DNS entries from my Windows 2000 DNS server
> and import them
> into the new 2003?
> Is an easier way to do this?

why export and import?

Create a secondary zone on the new DNS server and transfer from the
old one. After transfering convert the secondary zone to primary or to
AD integrated and don’t forget to remove the ols zone

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-DNS-ftopict553538.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1756584

Thanks to all for the info.....