A8R-MVP won't post with two video cards

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Im not runnin a CF system. I have a pcie x300se and a pcie 6600gt. I just got a dell tv and want to run it and my montior at the same time with different resolutions.

problem is that once i put in two video cards, my system won't post. anyone have nay ideas.

frankenwookie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Im not runnin a CF system. I have a pcie x300se and a pcie 6600gt. I just got a dell tv and want to run it and my montior at the same time with different resolutions.

problem is that once i put in two video cards, my system won't post. anyone have nay ideas.

I could be completey mistaken here, but even if you are not running crossfire you have to have to of the same manufacturer cards. I would have to say maybe pick up a newer graphics card that would offer s-video/vga out. I only have a little bit of experience with PCs' so take what I say with a grain of, so as not to get mad if I am completely off base.

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I dont think you need two of the same cards. It should at least post becuase its just another add it. Windows should just detect another display adapter.

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
i have the newer bios and im not seeing these options. i see an option to have to video cards but it still won't boot with that enabled.