DrSatan316

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
I'm going to get a core 2 (soon i hope) but just curious on when I'll be able to grab one from a website or store. I thought it was around jul 27, but I just read somewhere else that places like newegg and stuff wouldn't get it til aug 7 or later. Can anyone straighten out the facts?

and would this be an ok setup?
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Core 2 Duo E 6600
Corsair XMS 2GB DDR2 800 Unbuffered non ecc dual channel kit
PNY Verto Geforce 7900 GT
Creative labs SB audigy 2 ZS
Dual Maxtor 300GB in raid 1 (carried over from previous system)
NZXT Nemisis Elite w/ 400W PS

Thanks for any help, really nervous about this its only the second time I've put one together and don't wanna mess it up.

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
they will be available on July 27th

some stores may lag behind for a few weeks but u should be able to get one from july 27th

im not sure about newegg or anythin but in australia they go on sale in most stored from the 27th.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
they will be available on July 27th

some stores may lag behind for a few weeks but u should be able to get one from july 27th

im not sure about newegg or anythin but in australia they go on sale in most stored from the 27th.
From what some of the review sites have been saying....it's going to be Aug 7th.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=19

"Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August. Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability."

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?pg=1

"Intel says complete PC systems based on the Core 2 Extreme X6800 and individually boxed products will both begin selling on July 27th, while Core 2 Duo processors with 4MB of L2 cache should show up on August 7th."