runt23

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
This is a double post. As it could be a problem with OCZ memory and this board, i posted both here (where abit people hang out) and in the cpu overclocking forums. I am sorry if this is not allowed, im just looking for answers

Having problems.
I've tried many different ways and nothing seems to work.

Abit AW8D
Pentium D 930 (idle at 3.55 18c load approx 28c)
ocz GOLD 4-4-4-13

I cant get past 237fsb. The v is at 1.3375 and i've tried upping it past 1.3875 and I still crash when I go past 237 fsb.

I've tried changing the N/B Strap CPU around (psb533-800-1066) and the dram frequency from 1:1, 1:2, 2:3, 3:4, 3:5, 4:5 etc and none work right.

Im kind of at a loss of what to do. I can get as far as the XP loading screen with the bar progression, but mid way through it haults and I get a hard restart. Temps are not my problem, and PSU isnt also (have rotated psu's to be sure from my other PC)

I've tried setting it all by SPD and CPU SPD. Nothing works.

Any input would be wonderful

yyrkoon

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
This is a double post. As it could be a problem with OCZ memory and this board, i posted both here (where abit people hang out) and in the cpu overclocking forums. I am sorry if this is not allowed, im just looking for answers

Having problems.
I've tried many different ways and nothing seems to work.

Abit AW8D
Pentium D 930 (idle at 3.55 18c load approx 28c)
ocz GOLD 4-4-4-13

I cant get past 237fsb. The v is at 1.3375 and i've tried upping it past 1.3875 and I still crash when I go past 237 fsb.

I've tried changing the N/B Strap CPU around (psb533-800-1066) and the dram frequency from 1:1, 1:2, 2:3, 3:4, 3:5, 4:5 etc and none work right.

Im kind of at a loss of what to do. I can get as far as the XP loading screen with the bar progression, but mid way through it haults and I get a hard restart. Temps are not my problem, and PSU isnt also (have rotated psu's to be sure from my other PC)

I've tried setting it all by SPD and CPU SPD. Nothing works.

Any input would be wonderful

Well not having used OCZ memory myself, all I can tell you is how many bad posts I've read about thier memories. Pretty much from what I've read, on newegg reviews, and other forums posts is to steer clear of anything OCZ. While my main board IS a bit older, and is a different CPU brand, I can tell you that Crucial has worked for me with this baord, and in the past with other ABIT boards. According to all the information that I've read on the subject, Corsair seems to work very well with ABIT boards as well.

murzak

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I have the same problem. Am running 2 Gig of ballistix memory. Not touching what it can do and have underclocked and memtested it to eliminate it as problem. Anything past 237fsb/3.55GHz with my D930 and no joy. Have a hard time believing it is a CPU issue as I'm running this oc at stock voltage and have tried 3 steps up and no luck. Also no luck raising chipset voltage, changing cpu strap or memory ratio. Am running bios version 12. Have emailed Abit and am still waiting for response. Originally ran a D805 on this board, but PWM1 temps would shoot above 80c at load at anything above 3.4GHz. Looking like Abit isn't in too much of a hurry to fix this problem as this board doesn't support core duo.
Oh well.
L8r,
Jeff

TRENDING THREADS