DCDiag fails

We were getting the errors described in KB288167 - Error Message "Target
Principal Name is Incorrect" When Manually Replicating Data Between Domain
Controllers

After resetting the machine account password we now get the following error
when running dcdiag:

Doing primary tests

Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\ANEDSMEXCH01
Starting test: Replications
[Replications Check,ANEDSMEXCH01] A recent replication attempt
failed:
From ANEDSMBDC to ANEDSMEXCH01
Naming Context: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=aneane,DC=com
The replication generated an error (1908):
Could not find the domain controller for this domain.
The failure occurred at 2005-07-08 18:58.57.
The last success occurred at 2005-05-26 13:53.23.
1052 failures have occurred since the last success.
Kerberos Error.
A KDC was not found to authenticate the call.
Check that sufficient domain controllers are available.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ray

"" wrote:
> We were getting the errors described in KB288167 - Error
> Message "Target
> Principal Name is Incorrect" When Manually Replicating Data
> Between Domain
> Controllers
>
> After resetting the machine account password we now get the
> following error
> when running dcdiag:
>
> Doing primary tests
>
> Testing server: Default-First-Site-NameANEDSMEXCH01
> Starting test: Replications
> [Replications Check,ANEDSMEXCH01] A recent
> replication attempt
> failed:
> From ANEDSMBDC to ANEDSMEXCH01
> Naming Context:
> CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=aneane,DC=com
> The replication generated an error (1908):
> Could not find the domain controller for this
> domain.
> The failure occurred at 2005-07-08 18:58.57.
> The last success occurred at 2005-05-26 13:53.23.
> 1052 failures have occurred since the last
> success.
> Kerberos Error.
> A KDC was not found to authenticate the call.
> Check that sufficient domain controllers are
> available.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

any events in the event logs?

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-DCDiag-fails-ftopict554846.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1764171

I found out that I could also not browse from network places on one domain
controller to the other domain controller so I used the document KB826902
(You Cannot Browse the Drives of or Map a Drive to a Domain Controller from
Any Client Computer) to fix the problem.

Thanks