DHCP Exim Tool

I need to do twice the process:

1. Move the dhcp database from win2000 to another win2000 Domain Controller
using dhcpexim but the process say that all config and database will be
savee it in a file txt ? I don't understand if a use the import option
automatically set the default path and settings in the registry or not in the
destination server. (winnt\system32\dhcp\etc)

2.The same process but from win2000 to win 2003 I can't use dhcpexim in 2003
I must to use netsh but the same ! When I import the txt file all the dhcp
config and database info is there into the txt or not ??

Thanks any comment !!

Hi Misaro,

Pls check.

How to move a DHCP database from one server to another in Windows NT 4.0 and
in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/130642/

How to move a DHCP database from a computer that is running Windows NT
Server 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows Server 2003 to a computer that is
running Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325473

br,
Denis

"Misaro" <Misaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I need to do twice the process:
>
> 1. Move the dhcp database from win2000 to another win2000 Domain
Controller
> using dhcpexim but the process say that all config and database will be
> savee it in a file txt ? I don't understand if a use the import option
> automatically set the default path and settings in the registry or not in
the
> destination server. (winnt\system32\dhcp\etc)
>
> 2.The same process but from win2000 to win 2003 I can't use dhcpexim in
2003
> I must to use netsh but the same ! When I import the txt file all the dhcp
> config and database info is there into the txt or not ??
>
> Thanks any comment !!

TRENDING THREADS