Corrupt profile loaded from Windows Server

Hi all,

At the call centre were I work my work colleagues when they log on to
their pc's experience problems with regards to corrupt profiles being
loaded from the Windows Server to their computer's, when this problem
happend to me last Friday I called the Helpdesk to get the profile
re-created and asked the guy why this was a frequent problem with the
users, he said that one of the reasons could be that if the users
frequently change desk's and keep logging on to different computers, that
this can cause profile corruption.

Is this true?, if so can any one explain more as to why this would cause
user's profiles to be corrupted as I am interested to learn more about
this.

Many thanks.

Andy.
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt profile loaded windows server

    Andrew Hirst wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > At the call centre were I work my work colleagues when they log on to
    > their pc's experience problems with regards to corrupt profiles being
    > loaded from the Windows Server to their computer's, when this problem
    > happend to me last Friday I called the Helpdesk to get the profile
    > re-created and asked the guy why this was a frequent problem with the
    > users, he said that one of the reasons could be that if the users
    > frequently change desk's and keep logging on to different computers, that
    > this can cause profile corruption.
    >
    > Is this true?, if so can any one explain more as to why this would cause
    > user's profiles to be corrupted as I am interested to learn more about
    > this.

    This is almost certainly not true. If User A signs on to
    Computer B, then Computer C, then the two local profiles can
    get out of sync. When User A signs off Computer C, his
    profile is written to the server. When he then signs off of
    Computer B, the profile is again written to the server. Last
    signoff wins in so far as which profile is is loaded next
    time. None of this would cause a corruption. If the user
    logs off both machines at the same time, it is also unlikely
    to corrupt the profiles.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Windows Server Microsoft Active Directory Windows