Hanin's Potion

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2004 11:40:15 PM

Hi there,
is there a way to create the potion described in the book of Hanin? You
can find the book in a cave (Pounirai?) north of Gnisis. The ingredients
are blood/human flesh, moonshugar, bittergreen, daedraheart and other
tasty things. There's a large cauldon nearby, so I tried to put
everything inside, but nothing happened. Any idea?
And what the hell is that jerk doing up there? If you help him to get
down, he offers his clothes (non-magical) as reward, but no word about
his little experiment...
Tobias

More about : hanin potion

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:40:16 PM

Tobias Küster wrote:

> Hi there,
> is there a way to create the potion described in the book of Hanin? You
> can find the book in a cave (Pounirai?) north of Gnisis. The ingredients
> are blood/human flesh, moonshugar, bittergreen, daedraheart and other
> tasty things. There's a large cauldon nearby, so I tried to put
> everything inside, but nothing happened. Any idea?

You need to use a mortar and pestle, not a cauldron. I don't know where
to get blood in the game. Corprusmeat is the only halfway human flesh I
know of. The other things aren't that hard to get.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:40:17 PM

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> Tobias Küster wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>> is there a way to create the potion described in the book of Hanin? You
>> can find the book in a cave (Pounirai?) north of Gnisis. The ingredients
>> are blood/human flesh, moonshugar, bittergreen, daedraheart and other
>> tasty things. There's a large cauldon nearby, so I tried to put
>> everything inside, but nothing happened. Any idea?
>
> You need to use a mortar and pestle, not a cauldron. I don't know where
> to get blood in the game. Corprusmeat is the only halfway human flesh I
> know of. The other things aren't that hard to get.

Human Flesh is found along with the book describing the recipe (it looks
just like rat meat)....
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:59:53 PM

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:40:15 +0200, Tobias Küster
<tobias.kuester@t-online.de> wrote:

>Hi there,
>is there a way to create the potion described in the book of Hanin? You
>can find the book in a cave (Pounirai?) north of Gnisis. The ingredients
>are blood/human flesh, moonshugar, bittergreen, daedraheart and other
>tasty things. There's a large cauldon nearby, so I tried to put
>everything inside, but nothing happened. Any idea?
>And what the hell is that jerk doing up there? If you help him to get
>down, he offers his clothes (non-magical) as reward, but no word about
>his little experiment...

hMMM. One more thing to try - the Giants mod has zombies which give
human flesh which was the only thing missing from that formula.....
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:40:59 AM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> You need to use a mortar and pestle, not a cauldron. I don't know where
> to get blood in the game.

Neither do I, but:

> Corprusmeat is the only halfway human flesh I
> know of.

I saw "Human Flesh" with my first character which was played without
alchemy mods, so it must be part of the original, unmodded game. I
remember as I stocked it in my stronghold but never found any special
use for it. I *think* I found it in that mentioned cave, but not sure on
that.

A quick look into the CS should resolve the mystery, though.

Peter
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:54:26 AM

Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>> You need to use a mortar and pestle, not a cauldron. I don't know where
>> to get blood in the game.
>
>Neither do I, but:
>
>> Corprusmeat is the only halfway human flesh I
>> know of.
>
>I saw "Human Flesh" with my first character which was played without
>alchemy mods, so it must be part of the original, unmodded game. I
>remember as I stocked it in my stronghold but never found any special
>use for it. I *think* I found it in that mentioned cave, but not sure on
>that.

It's in a theives cave that's been taken over by an Ogrim. One entrance
to it is on a shore somewhere, an inlet in the northwest I think, and
has small boat (with a dead guy in it, IIRC) out front.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 3:04:39 AM

:p hant wrote:
> Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>

>>>You need to use a mortar and pestle, not a cauldron. I don't know where
>>>to get blood in the game.
>>
>>Neither do I, but:
>>

>>>Corprusmeat is the only halfway human flesh I
>>>know of.
>>
>>I saw "Human Flesh" with my first character which was played without
>>alchemy mods, so it must be part of the original, unmodded game. I
>>remember as I stocked it in my stronghold but never found any special
>>use for it. I *think* I found it in that mentioned cave, but not sure on
>>that.
>>

> It's in a theives cave that's been taken over by an Ogrim. One entrance
> to it is on a shore somewhere, an inlet in the northwest I think, and
> has small boat (with a dead guy in it, IIRC) out front.

Exactly. And there's human flesh, too. But you have too many ingredients
to combine with the mortar, so I thought of the cauldon (placed, as I
said, right next to the book). Hm, maybe I have to hit it woth a
fire-spell first? *g*
I tried to combine some of the ingredients with the mortar, placing the
resulting potions in the cauldon, instead of the ingredients themselfs,
too. The book describes how to brew it, and i tried to reenact it as
best as possible. Any idea, what the potion could do?
Maybe I'll have a look in the editor...
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 3:04:40 AM

No, no... You're going about this the wrong way. Everyone knows that
Hanin's Wake has an error in it: you don't need human blood to make the
elixir, you need goat's blood. To obtain goat's blood, you must install
5000 plugins, merge them all into a single ESP, and then play with that
ESP loaded. You must then enter Arrile's Tradehouse after taking the silt
strider from Balmora to Vivec to Seyda Neen and finally to Gnisis and
walking
back to Seyda Neen, jumping all the way, with at least two Cliff Racers
following you. In the tradehouse, there will be 500 Daedric muckshovels.
Without cheating or using any magic effects, you must take each shovel back
to Gnisis.

If you're using a race of star sign that will cause the PC to have at least
one magic effect on him at all times, you must, at this point, save, exit
the
game, defragment, degauss, and reload -- all magic effects will go away and
you'll be presented with a book describing this completely awesome sandwich
Todd Howard once ate that inspired him to create the NPC "Lord
Cluttermonkey."
You must then take the book and drop it. Repeat this fifty times, and
you'll
be presented with the option to balance the book on your head. *DO NOT*
accept
this proposal at first. Put on a full set of Chitin armor and *then*
accept.
A trapdoor will appear near you. Go through this trapdoor and walk South
until
you reach the secret, un-bastardized Ebonheart, keeping the book perfectly
balanced at all times (beware, however -- if you make a wrong turn, all of
Morrowind's invisible dragons will become sexually attracted to you and
you'll
have to reload). Once you reach this point, you may continue.

Gnisis will now be filled with Muckspunges. You must use each Daedric
muckshovel on each Muckspunge. If you do this right, a piece of paper will
be added to your inventory. Try to equip the piece of paper and fold it
into
a paper airplane. When you do this correctly, the airplane will fly away
from
you. You must hit it with the Ebony Arrow of Slaying. Suddenly, a horse
will
appear beneath your feet. Yes, it is a microscopic horse. You must train
it and,
later, win in a race with you and Sotha Sil's corpse as participants. If
you win,
Sotha Sil will come back to life and tell you how to get multiplayer up
and running.

Join a good server (the [MEMOD] clan usually runs a server at
0DAF-00A4-458B-00B4, but beware the people claiming to be twinkers) and
wait
for the Oil Rig map to load. When the Los Angeles cell is loading, rub
your
microphone and yell "bloody mygot wankers!" at the top of your lungs. You
will
spawn next to a goat with the +5 Bow of Smiting. The goat is a tough
fight, but
at the end, you'll end up with a vial of his blood and a note detailing
how to
construct an alchemy set that can mix 60 ingredients.

Don't believe me? There's a single atom of Plutonium at the center of my
brain.

--

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:04:39 +0200, Tobias Küster
<tobias.kuester@t-online.de> wrote:

> :p hant wrote:
>> Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Neither do I, but:

>>> I saw "Human Flesh" with my first character which was played without
>>> alchemy mods, so it must be part of the original, unmodded game. I
>>> remember as I stocked it in my stronghold but never found any special
>>> use for it. I *think* I found it in that mentioned cave, but not sure
>>> on that.
>>>
>> It's in a theives cave that's been taken over by an Ogrim. One
>> entrance to it is on a shore somewhere, an inlet in the northwest I
>> think, and has small boat (with a dead guy in it, IIRC) out front.
> Exactly. And there's human flesh, too. But you have too many ingredients
> to combine with the mortar, so I thought of the cauldon (placed, as I
> said, right next to the book). Hm, maybe I have to hit it woth a
> fire-spell first? *g*
> I tried to combine some of the ingredients with the mortar, placing the
> resulting potions in the cauldon, instead of the ingredients themselfs,
> too. The book describes how to brew it, and i tried to reenact it as
> best as possible. Any idea, what the potion could do?
> Maybe I'll have a look in the editor...

--

Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid

Michael Hughes wrote:

> No, no... You're going about this the wrong way. Everyone knows that
> Hanin's Wake has an error in it: you don't need human blood to make the
> elixir, you need goat's blood. To obtain goat's blood, you must install
> 5000 plugins, merge them all into a single ESP, and then play with that
> ESP loaded. You must then enter Arrile's Tradehouse after taking the silt
> strider from Balmora to Vivec to Seyda Neen and finally to Gnisis and
> walking
> back to Seyda Neen, jumping all the way, with at least two Cliff Racers
> following you. In the tradehouse, there will be 500 Daedric muckshovels.
> Without cheating or using any magic effects, you must take each shovel back
> to Gnisis.

LOL sounds about right.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 3:04:42 AM

Did I mention it needs to be tainted goat's blood? No?

....Don't worry, I know a guy...

¬ ¬

--

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:55:44 -0400, ToolPackinMama

--

Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
[Replace ".invalid" TLD with ".com" for working address]
ICQ: 263721104
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 7:04:38 AM

"Michael Hughes" <marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>Did I mention it needs to be tainted goat's blood? No?
>
>...Don't worry, I know a guy...
>
>¬ ¬

lol!

You left out the part where you have to kill Dagoth Ur
and Vivec both, stripped naked, carrying/using only
the fork of horripilation<sp?>.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 7:04:39 AM

No, no... That's how you get the silver dragon statuette --
the one that you need to combine with the Wickwheat extract
to be able to see the low-fyling dragons, mind you, not the
one that makes a swarm of Cliff Racers attack Fargoth.

--

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:04:38 GMT, :p hant <phant@usagi.comix> wrote:

> "Michael Hughes" <marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Did I mention it needs to be tainted goat's blood? No?
>>
>> ...Don't worry, I know a guy...
>>
>> ¬ ¬
>>

> lol!
>
> You left out the part where you have to kill Dagoth Ur
> and Vivec both, stripped naked, carrying/using only
> the fork of horripilation<sp?>.

--

Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
[Replace ".invalid" TLD with ".com" for working address]
ICQ: 263721104
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 4:34:01 AM

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:43:38 -0400, "Michael Hughes"
<marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>No, no... That's how you get the silver dragon statuette --
>the one that you need to combine with the Wickwheat extract
>to be able to see the low-fyling dragons, mind you, not the
>one that makes a swarm of Cliff Racers attack Fargoth.

Which is no doubt entirely deserved...
!