Logon Restrictions

I have a questione regarding account logon restriction time. Does this mean
it will not allow any new connections to access network resources. And what
if a User is logged on and have a file open would that file still be
accessed.

Using a gpo you should be able to limit the logon time and disconnect a user
when that time limit is reached.

For 2000 See - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318714/EN-US/#11
For 2003 See -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816666#12

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:11:04 -0700, Sam NetAdmin <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a questione regarding account logon restriction time. Does this mean
>it will not allow any new connections to access network resources. And what
>if a User is logged on and have a file open would that file still be
>accessed.

Note that the disconnection that Paul is referring to is a network disconnection.

If you wanted to log the user off after a prolonged period of inactivity, see tip
9541 » How do I log a user off the console (desktop) after a period of inactivity?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com