lost printers in directory

For some unknown reason, when I try to add a network printer, and use the
"Find a printer in the directory" option, I do not see printers that are
served by one of my Domain Controllers.

I have stopped and restared the Print Spooler on that DC, and nothing
changed. I even tried rebooting that DC. The printers showed up for a
while, but they have once again disappeared.

There was a major meltdown of DNS in the domain two weeks ago, in which I
lost all my zones for some unknown reason, but I have recovered from that.
DNS is now fine and functional and I have even forced the DCs to replicate
using the AD Sites and Services MMC.

However, I still don't see printers served by that one particular DC while
trying to Add a Printer. I have no problems printing to those printers... at
least not yet.

I read about printer pruning, but I don't really see a way for me to restore
the published printers.

Is there any other ways for me to restore those printers in the Active
Directory? It's really getting me worried, as there may be other problems
that have caused this...

Thanks for any insight.

Chris.

While in ADUC select "View" from the menu bar, then select "Filter Options."
Make sure printers is selected in the object types if the "All" isn't
selected.