Help! Canon Pixma IP-5000 double sided printing

Hi,

Hopefully someone here will be able to point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased the Canon IP-5000 printer. I would like to print
out a list of information 24 pages in length, Ideally I would like to
print both sides at the same time, thus saving time and having to take
the paper out and rotate it ie: page 1 on one side and page 2 on the
other - at the same time.

I was under the impression that the printer would allow me to do this,
but cannot get it to do so. Did I missunderstand the statement:

Amazingly advanced
The compact PIXMA iP5000 printer packs more features into less space. An
integral duplex unit provides _two-sided printing_ to cut your paper
costs considerably.

As described here:
http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/printers/bubble_jet/pixma_ip5000/index.asp

Can anyone advise me on how to get the printer to print the information
as I would like it please?

Thank you!

The IP5000 can print both sides of the page. Bring up printer
preferences in what ever software you are using and then click on the
page setup. Check the duplex checkbox and you can then set how you want
to print on both sides. Use help if you need to understand more
details. You have a great printer.

BarmyOne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone here will be able to point me in the right
> direction.
> I recently purchased the Canon IP-5000 printer. I would like to print
> out a list of information 24 pages in length, Ideally I would like to
> print both sides at the same time, thus saving time and having to take
> the paper out and rotate it ie: page 1 on one side and page 2 on the
> other - at the same time.
>
> I was under the impression that the printer would allow me to do this,
> but cannot get it to do so. Did I missunderstand the statement:
>
> Amazingly advanced
> The compact PIXMA iP5000 printer packs more features into less space.
> An integral duplex unit provides _two-sided printing_ to cut your
> paper costs considerably.
>
> As described here:
> http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/printers/bubble_jet/pixma_ip5000/index.asp
>
> Can anyone advise me on how to get the printer to print the
> information as I would like it please?
>
> Thank you!

RTFM.

Frosty

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003

> I was under the impression that the printer would allow me to do this,
> but cannot get it to do so. Did I missunderstand the statement:

Go to printer preferences and click on the page set up tab, put a tick in
the "duplex printing" box.

The orientation of the reverse side will depend on what you select in the
"staple side" drop down box.

The page will print, then pause for a short while, then get drawn back in,
and print the other side.

The length of time it pauses for can be adjusted by clicking on the
"maintenance" tab then custom settings.

If you do these alterations from start/ printers & faxes/ they will be
default for all documents.

If you do them from the print command in an application, they will affect
that document only, however, changing the pause or ink drying time via the
maintenance tab can oly be done from start/ printers & faxes. It is greyed
out from an application.

FWIW I've found this printer by far the best of the 9 i've had, but it
appears the print head is a bit suspect and ludicrousley expensive in UK!

HTH

--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.

On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:26:10 GMT, "Frosty" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote
as underneath my scribble :

Frosty - Just wondered if by chance you have done any experimenting
with the drying time setting vs the printer reducing the print
quality when using auto duplex printing? -
This is the only beef I have with our IP4000 as I regard the print
quality as the all important setting and the printer reducing it
sneakily (even though the settings boxes look the same!) when you set
for duplex is a really annoying quirk! I am assuming the 5000 does
the same!
Charlie+