New Thin iMac Models Set to Release Before 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
+1 to Camikazi

This is apple marketing at its best, show off a couple of nice things and the iSheep will tell everyone that its the latest and greatest.

G

Go on the website...plenty off pictures showing off the profile...haters are gonna hate...

[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]I really just wanna see a pic of this thing from the back and not just posed pics showing off the edges.[/citation]What were you expecting to see?
fusion_hero.jpg

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]5mm thick is pretty impressive.[/citation]

5MM edge, but overall size reduced from previous model. No impressive hardware specs but this isnt a Pro system. Looks very nice and wondering when Apple will change the design?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]What were you expecting to see?[/citation]
Yea, as I figured it is a bubble with sharp edges. Amazing how they keep touting "5mm thickness design" when it's only 5mm on the edges and much bigger everywhere else.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]What were you expecting to see?[/citation]

An Optical Drive :p
and at least the USB ports on the sides..............it's pretty annoying to get around the corner just to plug in a darn hard Drive

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]An Optical Drive and at least the USB ports on the sides..............it's pretty annoying to get around the corner just to plug in a darn hard Drive[/citation]

Rather have cables run down than off the side of monitor. iMAC still the best looking all-in-one system out there. Perfect no, but what is? Also I rarely use optical drive but nice to have, so external it is :)

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Rather have cables run down than off the side of monitor. iMAC still the best looking all-in-one system out there. Perfect no, but what is? Also I rarely use optical drive but nice to have, so external it is[/citation]
Certain ports make sense on the back of the computer, others don't. For example something I hate on my iMac it's that the headphone port is on the back as is all usb ports. So every time I need to plug a headphone, a pendrive,... i need to look behind the computer plug them. Now with this model they made matters even worse. They moved the card reader from the side to the back. I may look prettier not having any kind of connectors on the side or front, but is it practical a design? No!

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Certain ports make sense on the back of the computer, others don't. For example something I hate on my iMac it's that the headphone port is on the back as is all usb ports. So every time I need to plug a headphone, a pendrive,... i need to look behind the computer plug them. Now with this model they made matters even worse. They moved the card reader from the side to the back. I may look prettier not having any kind of connectors on the side or front, but is it practical a design? No![/citation]

But this is apple design.... If it looks nice then that is the way it should be, you just need to get use to the inconvenience. Just like you should learn how to hold a phone correctly....

I personally don't buy it... I don't care if it looks a little funny, all I want in the end is something that works and isn't a pain to use. I don't under stand the big deal either, who the hell cares if the edge is 5mm, wtf does that do for the end user?

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Certain ports make sense on the back of the computer, others don't. For example something I hate on my iMac it's that the headphone port is on the back as is all usb ports. So every time I need to plug a headphone, a pendrive,... i need to look behind the computer plug them. Now with this model they made matters even worse. They moved the card reader from the side to the back. I may look prettier not having any kind of connectors on the side or front, but is it practical a design? No![/citation]
You could use a USB hub right?

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]illo[/nom]any hardware upgrades or just a new form factor?[/citation]

iSheep don't care about hardware as long as it's sexy enough to WOW their hipster friends!

G

iSheep don't care about hardware as long as it's sexy enough to WOW their hipster friends!

...and you can brag to your friends how fast Firefox starts up on your super fast hardware!!!

RealJames

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
if it were 5mm thick then the usb and ethernet ports on the back would have to go through the front of the screen to fit in.

5mm is a blatant lie

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Scar89[/nom]You could use a USB hub right?[/citation]

If I'm not mistaken, the keyboard comes with USB ports built in right? At least my friend's Mac had them built into the back of the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.