Sign in with
Your question

Need some help finding a case

Last response: in Systems
July 20, 2006 6:49:59 PM

Im deciding to buy a case for a new computer i will be building at the end of this year, when prices have come down, and DX10 cards will hopefully be out then, and be flawless. Im down to 2 different companies for cases: Lian-Li or Koolance. My limit is about 4-500 bucks on the case, and i would like watercooling to come with it. Also, if anyone can make me up a shopping list of what i should get for a conroe build, that would really refresh my memory, Im still deciding on the E6600-700 or one of the EE Conroe processors. My budget is 15-1600 bucks, and i will not be needing a soundcard, harddrive, monitor, keyboard or mouse. Thanks. :D 

More about : finding case

July 20, 2006 7:13:01 PM

500 bucks on a case?!!!!!!! :( 

Sorry my wallet just had a heart attack.
July 20, 2006 7:38:05 PM

Lian-Li's arent cheap, neither are koolances, i want a case that has great airflow, and that will keep my parts cool.
Related resources
July 20, 2006 11:35:17 PM

Quote:
Lian-Li's arent cheap, neither are koolances, i want a case that has great airflow, and that will keep my parts cool.

Coolermaster.
July 21, 2006 2:13:12 AM

The Tai-chi is a good case, so is that Titan one, The only coolermaster i would buy if i wanted too, would be the stacker, and im not sure if thats a full size tower case or a mid size. I do want a full. Does Danger den offer any good cases? Im still leaning towards Lian-Li, but the Tai-chi would be my 2nd choice probably.
July 21, 2006 2:55:25 AM

I have a CoolerMaster Stacker 830 - it's a full size tower, It's only a tad smaller than the other stackers because it doesnt have the extra room at the bottom for an extra psu.

I highly recomend that case, it's nice, it has lots of room for watercooling and everything else. But if you really want more room then just one of the other CM stackers would be good.

Lian-Li is also a really good company. have 2 mid-sized PC61's and they are great. I just can't remember what the full sized towers are called.

The Lian-Li Memorial case (the one that looks like a snail) is just plain funny but it looks like its pretty big :wink:

Hope this helps.
July 21, 2006 3:13:57 AM

man it sounds like you got the frogskins but cant decide.
lol
July 21, 2006 3:15:48 AM

The stacker is nice, almost got one myself before I decided on the Armor...

Here is a link to some custom cooled lian li cases..

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Modified%20Cases/se=Custom%20Watercooled/mp=menu_search.html

and here are their coolance ones..

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Stock%20Cases/se=Koolance/mp=menu_search.html

And here is my own armor with my water cooling kit inside, I also added that 120mm fan, the 250mm optional fan was too big and blocked the view.

July 21, 2006 3:23:46 AM

godd luck man
:) 
July 21, 2006 3:44:05 AM

Nice lookingcase.. and judging by the price it sounds like you got money to burn.

Are you going SLI too?
!