Problems with startup script

Hello all,
I have a Wsf-Scriptfile that I would like to run on all our machines on
startup. Because it requires to be run with cscript.exe I have
configured a CMD file to be run as startup script.

It is configured as:

Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
\\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.wsf

It looks like the wsf file is not run at all, however.
I also tried the following, but without success:

Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
serverstart.wsf

In the GPO, the script is configured to be run as:

\\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.cmd

The Script and CMD works without problem if I run it manually after the
server is started and I log on to the machine.

Again I have tried without the path, but without success.
Is there anyone that has experienced and solved similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Markus
2 answers Last reply
More about problems startup script

    Hi,

    A startup script runs without a user, with the credentials of the computer
    account. Make sure the Computer account (computer object) has rights to read
    the wsf in the unc you gave. I generally give the domain group "Domain
    Computers" permissions on the share. All computers joined to the domain
    should be members of this group.

    --
    Richard
    Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI
    "Markus" <support@epp-online.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a Wsf-Scriptfile that I would like to run on all our machines on
    > startup. Because it requires to be run with cscript.exe I have
    > configured a CMD file to be run as startup script.
    >
    > It is configured as:
    >
    > Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
    > \\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.wsf
    >
    > It looks like the wsf file is not run at all, however.
    > I also tried the following, but without success:
    >
    > Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
    > serverstart.wsf
    >
    > In the GPO, the script is configured to be run as:
    >
    > \\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.cmd
    >
    > The Script and CMD works without problem if I run it manually after the
    > server is started and I log on to the machine.
    >
    > Again I have tried without the path, but without success.
    > Is there anyone that has experienced and solved similar problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help...
    >
    > Markus

    Thanks, that did it.
    Looks like a colleague changed the default permissions...

Command Prompt Active Directory Windows