Problems with startup script

Hello all,
I have a Wsf-Scriptfile that I would like to run on all our machines on
startup. Because it requires to be run with cscript.exe I have
configured a CMD file to be run as startup script.

It is configured as:

Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
\\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.wsf

It looks like the wsf file is not run at all, however.
I also tried the following, but without success:

Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
serverstart.wsf

In the GPO, the script is configured to be run as:

\\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.cmd

The Script and CMD works without problem if I run it manually after the
server is started and I log on to the machine.

Again I have tried without the path, but without success.
Is there anyone that has experienced and solved similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Markus

Hi,

A startup script runs without a user, with the credentials of the computer
account. Make sure the Computer account (computer object) has rights to read
the wsf in the unc you gave. I generally give the domain group "Domain
Computers" permissions on the share. All computers joined to the domain
should be members of this group.

--
Richard
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI
"Markus" <support@epp-online.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have a Wsf-Scriptfile that I would like to run on all our machines on
> startup. Because it requires to be run with cscript.exe I have
> configured a CMD file to be run as startup script.
>
> It is configured as:
>
> Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
> \\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.wsf
>
> It looks like the wsf file is not run at all, however.
> I also tried the following, but without success:
>
> Script.exe //H:CScript //NoLogo //S
> serverstart.wsf
>
> In the GPO, the script is configured to be run as:
>
> \\[domainname]\sysvol\[domainname]\scripts\serverstart.cmd
>
> The Script and CMD works without problem if I run it manually after the
> server is started and I log on to the machine.
>
> Again I have tried without the path, but without success.
> Is there anyone that has experienced and solved similar problems?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help...
>
> Markus

Thanks, that did it.
Looks like a colleague changed the default permissions...

TRENDING THREADS