Vivec City - P.O.'ed guy in Hlaalu Ancestral Vaults

(** warning! - some spoilers below **)

Many moons ago, I was wandering around the Hlaalu canton and was in the
Hlaalu Ancestral Vaults. A guard saw me, called me a n'war, and attacked me
on sight. When I defended myself, three other Hlaalu (who had been quite
cordial to me earlier) came from the other end of the vault and attacked me
as well. I was dead pretty fast, went back to a save game, and steered
clear of there. I was not a member of any house at the time, and figured
maybe they did not want a non-Hlaalu poking around in their vaults.
Now, I am not only a Hlaalu, but Hlaalu Grandmaster. I headed back to
the vaults and the guy attacked me again! Now that I am higher level, I was
able to defeat my 4 attackers, but I still have no idea what the guy was so
angry about. Is this just some random violence, or will this be important
at some later point?

-Rick C.

P.S. I did not become Hlaalu Grandmaster by doing many Hlaalu quests. Duke
Vedem Dren made me Grandmaster after I killed his brother. Maybe this is
part of some Hlaalu quest I missed out on?

"Rick Cavalla" <rac22@erols.com> wrote:

>(** warning! - some spoilers below **)

And now, more spoilers below :)

>A guard saw me, called me a n'war, and attacked me
>on sight. When I defended myself, three other Hlaalu (who had been quite
>cordial to me earlier) came from the other end of the vault and attacked me
>as well.

I've encountered those fine fellows myself, as a low-level member of
House Hlaalu, and received the same welcome you did. From the research
I've done, I gather that they're actually a gang of thieves, and
seeing to their timely demise is part of a Morag Tong quest. See this
site for more details: www.uesp.net/morrow/quest/mw_moragtong.shtml

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net