Upgrade W2k AD to 2003 fails

I am trying to add a 2003 server to a domain with single 2k server.

When I try either adprep /forestprep or /domainprep i get the following
error...Adprep encountered an LDAP error.
Error code: 0x20. Server extended error code: 0x208d, Server error message:
0000 208D: NameErr: DSID-031001BD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best
match of:
'CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=MCS'

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Since ADPREP / FORESTPREP is failing we need to verify the FSMO roles. You
can run NETDOM QUERY FSMO to do so. If this is fine run a DCDIAG /V as
sometimes NETDOM QUERY FSMO will return the correct FSMO holder but when you
run DCIDAG it will fail knows of FSMO holders test. If this is the case use
NTDSUTIL to seize the FSMO roles to itself.

"Genbar" wrote:

> I am trying to add a 2003 server to a domain with single 2k server.
>
> When I try either adprep /forestprep or /domainprep i get the following
> error...Adprep encountered an LDAP error.
> Error code: 0x20. Server extended error code: 0x208d, Server error message:
> 0000 208D: NameErr: DSID-031001BD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best
> match of:
> 'CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=MCS'
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Thanks!

SUCCESS!! I was not able to query the FSMO so I used the NTDSUTIL to seize
the FSMO roles and was then successful with adprep.

THANKS!

"Bart K" wrote:

> Since ADPREP / FORESTPREP is failing we need to verify the FSMO roles. You
> can run NETDOM QUERY FSMO to do so. If this is fine run a DCDIAG /V as
> sometimes NETDOM QUERY FSMO will return the correct FSMO holder but when you
> run DCIDAG it will fail knows of FSMO holders test. If this is the case use
> NTDSUTIL to seize the FSMO roles to itself.
>
> "Genbar" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to add a 2003 server to a domain with single 2k server.
> >
> > When I try either adprep /forestprep or /domainprep i get the following
> > error...Adprep encountered an LDAP error.
> > Error code: 0x20. Server extended error code: 0x208d, Server error message:
> > 0000 208D: NameErr: DSID-031001BD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best
> > match of:
> > 'CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=MCS'
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated
> > Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS