User with domain admin rights

I need to find a way to give access to several IT users in the domain
controller, I need they have access to all administrative tools but at the
same time they shouldn't be domain administrators.

Somehow those users must to have similars rights to domain admins users but
not all rights that they have ?

What can I do ???

Thanks any comments !

You are going to have to be a whole lot more specific on what you want them
to be able to do. Kind of hard to tell someone how to configure a
permission without telling them the goal.

Look at this link to see if this gives you an idea on what you want to
provide via delegation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315676

Also,
If you install the Administrative tools on these users desktops they should
be able to "Snap-In" the modules they will need.

Server install disk

Administrative tools
d:\i386\adminpak.msi

Key in mmc at a command prompt, file, add/remove snap-in, add and then
select the specific tools you would like to use. The tools provided don't
provide the necessary permissions. This is done with a tool such as
delegate wizard as described in the link above.

"Misaro" <Misaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I need to find a way to give access to several IT users in the domain
> controller, I need they have access to all administrative tools but at
> the
> same time they shouldn't be domain administrators.
>
> Somehow those users must to have similars rights to domain admins users
> but
> not all rights that they have ?
>
> What can I do ???
>
> Thanks any comments !

MIsaro,

Paul is 100% right on this one. That is best practice and you really need to
figure out what you need the users to have access to.