Internet Options with Group Policy

Hi!

I need to enable HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (found under the
advanced tab in internet options).
I want to do this through group policy but cannot find the option anywhere.

Also, anyone know of any known issues with enabling this option? I need to
do it to allow access to an internal Peoplesoft web server. I have seen
Article number 322822, and I don't think this will affect me.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Sinéad
2 answers Last reply
More about internet options group policy

    Hi Sinead,

    Pls see this.

    How To Set Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer by Using Group Policy
    Objects
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274846

    Also, the followings may be relevant to you.

    You cannot manage Internet Explorer 6 Group Policy settings on a Windows
    2000-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316116

    Access Violation Error Message in Mmc.exe After You Apply Internet Explorer
    Privacy Update from Q316116 or After You Apply Internet Explorer 6 SP1
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325666

    br,
    Denis

    "Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I need to enable HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (found under the
    > advanced tab in internet options).
    > I want to do this through group policy but cannot find the option
    anywhere.

    > Also, anyone know of any known issues with enabling this option? I need to
    > do it to allow access to an internal Peoplesoft web server. I have seen
    > Article number 322822, and I don't think this will affect me.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > Sinéad

    Denis,

    Thanks a million for your help. i never would have found that!

    Regards,

    Sinéad

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

    > Hi Sinead,
    >
    > Pls see this.
    >
    > How To Set Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer by Using Group Policy
    > Objects
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274846
    >
    > Also, the followings may be relevant to you.
    >
    > You cannot manage Internet Explorer 6 Group Policy settings on a Windows
    > 2000-based computer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316116
    >
    > Access Violation Error Message in Mmc.exe After You Apply Internet Explorer
    > Privacy Update from Q316116 or After You Apply Internet Explorer 6 SP1
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325666
    >
    > br,
    > Denis
    >
    > "Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I need to enable HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (found under the
    > > advanced tab in internet options).
    > > I want to do this through group policy but cannot find the option
    > anywhere.
    > >
    > > Also, anyone know of any known issues with enabling this option? I need to
    > > do it to allow access to an internal Peoplesoft web server. I have seen
    > > Article number 322822, and I don't think this will affect me.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Many thanks!
    > >
    > > Sinéad

Policy Internet Active Directory Windows