Internet Options with Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 19, 2005 11:49:02 AM

Hi!

I need to enable HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (found under the
advanced tab in internet options).
I want to do this through group policy but cannot find the option anywhere.

Also, anyone know of any known issues with enabling this option? I need to
do it to allow access to an internal Peoplesoft web server. I have seen
Article number 322822, and I don't think this will affect me.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Sinéad
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:42:30 PM

Hi Sinead,

Pls see this.

How To Set Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer by Using Group Policy
Objects
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274846

Also, the followings may be relevant to you.

You cannot manage Internet Explorer 6 Group Policy settings on a Windows
2000-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316116

Access Violation Error Message in Mmc.exe After You Apply Internet Explorer
Privacy Update from Q316116 or After You Apply Internet Explorer 6 SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325666

br,
Denis

"Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I need to enable HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (found under the
> advanced tab in internet options).
> I want to do this through group policy but cannot find the option
anywhere.

> Also, anyone know of any known issues with enabling this option? I need to
> do it to allow access to an internal Peoplesoft web server. I have seen
> Article number 322822, and I don't think this will affect me.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Sinéad
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:42:31 PM

Denis,

Thanks a million for your help. i never would have found that!

Regards,

Sinéad

!