Sign in with
Your question

WANTED: Old CPU's (NOT for gold!!!)

Last response: in Deals
January 24, 2007 7:19:27 PM

I teach a class in intro to computers and would like to show some old CPU's, perhaps mounted so I'd like 2 of each, showing top and bottom. (I mention not for Gold because I was surprised to find a scrap CPU market on eBay!!!).

I've got a few, but if you've got some you want to get rid of, let me know.

I'd be particularly interested in older 286, 386, etc. or newer (has anyone fried a Core 2 Duo??)

And obviously I don't care if these are working or not!!

Thanks.

More about : wanted cpu gold

January 24, 2007 8:11:42 PM

What school if you don't mind?
And I will take a look as I am sure I have some 486-socket A processors I can send at the cost of shipping.
January 24, 2007 8:40:06 PM

Quote:
What school if you don't mind?
Huntingdon College in Montgomery AL
Quote:
And I will take a look as I am sure I have some 486-socket A processors I can send at the cost of shipping.
Thanks!!!
Related resources
January 31, 2007 6:05:07 PM

Ive got a duron and a few different athlons, still need them?

If so, pm me your address.
February 1, 2007 2:05:45 AM

Here's what I've got

celeron 2.0 (4 or so broken pins) (fairly new (2000 or so))

a "cyrix" o_0

Intel pentium 1 i think

And last but not least, a pentium 2 (not sure what to call the square ones and this one)

February 1, 2007 12:57:38 PM

Quote:
Here's what I've got
PM what you want for them.

I've got one of those big 200's at the bottom. I took it apart to show and it wasn't an easy task. The torx stripped and I ended up drilling them out!!!
February 3, 2007 10:04:09 PM

That brings up a good point, where are you located at tromba?
February 3, 2007 10:09:51 PM

Quote:
That brings up a good point, where are you located at tromba?
I'm in Montgomery, AL
April 24, 2007 11:15:19 PM

I have an AMD-K6 2, and an Intel Pentium 3 866mhz I'd be willing to let slide for a few bucks. They both work to the best of my knowledge. I threw out a broken pin Athlon64 3000+ a few weeks ago you might've wanted. =( I have a keyboard from a laptop that is in layered parts that's pretty neat, I thought about framing it for kicks. Various drives as well, an old HP Colorado T1000 Tape Drive too, but I don't know if it works or not. I have two value ram modules too, in the PC133 256mb variety (worked with my P3 processor in my Dell) I have a stick of memory I pulled out of an old Compaq laptop as well that has Winbond chips. It worked too last I knew, like everything else. I have floppy drives that work but are old, and CD-Roms. I took apart a CD writer to be used as an internal drive, and still have the casing and everything, it can be put back together. I've got an old scanner out in the garage as well, and an old printers or two. I've also got a hard drive that has a smart error that I don't use (80GB Hitachi 3.5") and an old Toshiba Disk Drive that's only 130mb's. It worked up until a short while ago. It's a 2.5" drive. Old modem too, and old sound card just cluttering up the place (PCI for both). All just used "junk" to me so make offers! Some of the crappier stuff that's not really worth anything I'd just charge shipping for. Anyone interested let me know! It'd all be good stuff for educational purposes.
April 24, 2007 11:25:38 PM

I've got memory and hard drives and that type of misc stuff around, but I'd still be interested in the CPU's. I'm trying to get as much variety of those as I can. Maybe mount them all for students to see....
April 25, 2007 12:12:04 AM

Quote:
I've got memory and hard drives and that type of misc stuff around, but I'd still be interested in the CPU's. I'm trying to get as much variety of those as I can. Maybe mount them all for students to see....

Are you still interested in any of mine?

You'll have to give me a price range after shipping since I'm not aware of the ebay thing you are aware of.
April 25, 2007 5:50:24 AM

Well I have no idea on the value of these processors, but I imagine I'd let them both go for about $15 a piece shipped. Interested?
April 30, 2007 1:31:13 AM

i have a couple of northwood's if you want them.
April 30, 2007 12:48:08 PM

Woah woah woah. What kind of Northwoods we talking here? Socket 478? I have a 2.2ghz P4 I'd love to upgrade. Problem is the prices online are too much to bother with. Anyone have a 3.4-3.0 P4 that hasn't been OC'd? I'll take it off your hands...
April 30, 2007 3:45:35 PM

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL5YR.html

Heres the first northwood I have it is a 2A.
Ill let it go for $25

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL5VH.html

I thought this was a northwood but actually it is a Willamette core, sorry.
But Ill let it go for $15.

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL7KM.html

Here is the presscott that I have. I am willing to let this go for $70. It actually comes with stock HS/F.

On a Side note, I have a ASUS P5AD2-E Premium Motherboard (925xe) LGA 775 that I am willing to let go for $125.

Heres a couple of links for the mobo:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?A...
http://www.shentech.com/asp5pri9lgpe1.html

I will provide pics if you are interested, please feel free to pm me.

-face
April 30, 2007 4:00:35 PM

Sorry, not interested in any of them. :-\ I have a socket 478 mobo and a 2.2ghz. Want a 3.4 but not LGA775.
April 30, 2007 4:03:52 PM

Quote:
Well I have no idea on the value of these processors, but I imagine I'd let them both go for about $15 a piece shipped. Interested?
Probably not... I'm not even interested in working processors. Mostly stuff for "show and tell", stuff to pass around the class, stuff to show processor evolution and that kind of thing. So for those purposes this is a little high....
April 30, 2007 6:33:05 PM

Show and tell idea:

Have each kid bring in their parents computer and you show them how to remove the processor and then pass them around. Just make sure to mark which ones went in whose computer.

Second note...

There are always The Internet (images)
April 30, 2007 6:56:20 PM

Quote:
Show and tell idea:

Have each kid bring in their parents computer and you show them how to remove the processor and then pass them around. Just make sure to mark which ones went in whose computer.
These are college students, and we give them all laptops. All I have to do is tell them to bring their computer and a screwdriver (and keep my phone off the hook after class when they are all in the IT dept trying to get them back together.)
Quote:
Second note...

There are always The Internet (images)
Done that, but I really like holding this small thing with all those pins!!! Most of the time their idea is the computer is something big, not just a bunch of small parts.
August 5, 2009 3:37:56 PM

Hi I have a Compaq T1000 that I'd be happy to sell to you. Email me back at natalielm28@gmail.com
Thanks!
Natalie Malitz
August 5, 2009 7:13:08 PM

This thread is over 2 years old man....
!