Sign in with
Your question

the attack of the blue an black

Last response: in Components
July 21, 2006 2:51:53 AM

well i refiled my lexmark black in cartrige and now my printer wount print in colour . its only printing in blue an black. i have tried to reinstall the whole softwware but i cant seem to get any colour pages. what am i doing wrong?

More about : attack blue black

July 21, 2006 3:30:49 AM

you probably have to buy another cartridge
refills dont really work anymore.
July 21, 2006 3:32:48 AM

what do you mean blue and black??? are the blue and black where they are supposed to be? or it it printing blue instead of black? or blue and black mixed together?
Related resources
July 23, 2006 8:07:03 PM

Often when you refill a cartridge the print nozzles get clogged. You can try running a nozzle cleaning function on your printer's software (if it has that feature). You can try setting the nozzles against a lightly moistened paper towel to try to clear the nozzles. If that works you can then lightly rub the contacts clean. If that won't work then you will probably need a new ink cartridge. Refilling a cartridge will usually work if you do it before the cartridge is completely empty.
July 23, 2006 9:55:48 PM

/evil mode on

Buy yourself a Canon printer that has a cost-per-page equal to HALF that of the lexmark you are using (and thus paying for itself within a year) and you won't need to refill cartridges anymore. Give your lexmark a trip to 'inkjet heaven', aka the bin.

/evil mode off
July 23, 2006 10:03:44 PM

i have a couple of lexmark printers and the inkcartridges
are a bit of a pain in the ass.

29$us for black and 39$us for color. this is locally in oklahoma
hell i can buy a wholenew one for 79$

i i am <how the young ones say it getting owned> lol.

but then agian microsoft does it too.
July 23, 2006 10:52:28 PM

Sad to say it, but I've been there, and done that..
Refills fuk up the printer nozzles, quite possible it will never get good again, cheap ink appears to have too large particles and will permanently mess the printing up...

My old Epson never worked after a refill, (actually a "pirated" cartridge)
July 23, 2006 11:06:34 PM

hell i think they put little cpus in the cartridges
so they wont take a refill.
!