Default views - how to change?

October 5, 2004 6:43:23 PM

I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
just want to change a few folders. TIA

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

More about : default views change

October 5, 2004 6:43:24 PM

Inside the folder you want to set the view for go to
Tool...Folder Options...View tab

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 9:56:46 PM

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
> default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
> photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
> just want to change a few folders. TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Folder Options> View: In the list of options, scroll down to "Remember each
folder's view settings" and place a check next to it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
> default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
> photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
> just want to change a few folders. TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Guess I should expound on this a bit:
To setup a view that you would like used by most folders: Open a folder in
Windows Explorer. Using the View menu of that window, set it up using
settings that you would like to see in most folders. Use Folder Options>
View> Apply to All Folders to lock that in.

Then check "Remember each folder's view settings." When you want to change
the view settings for a particular folder, use the various View menus in
that folder's window.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thanks so much Sharon! :-)

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:
>
>> I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
>> default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
>> photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
>> just want to change a few folders. TIA
>>
>> Brandy
>> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie
>
> Guess I should expound on this a bit:
> To setup a view that you would like used by most folders: Open a folder in
> Windows Explorer. Using the View menu of that window, set it up using
> settings that you would like to see in most folders. Use Folder Options>
> View> Apply to All Folders to lock that in.
>
> Then check "Remember each folder's view settings." When you want to change
> the view settings for a particular folder, use the various View menus in
> that folder's window.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:06:45 PM

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:15:58 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> Thanks so much Sharon! :-)
>
> Brandy

You're welcome, Brandy!
--