Default views - how to change?

I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
just want to change a few folders. TIA

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie
5 answers Last reply
More about default views change

    Inside the folder you want to set the view for go to
    Tool...Folder Options...View tab

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

    > I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
    > default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
    > photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
    > just want to change a few folders. TIA
    >
    > Brandy
    > Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

    Folder Options> View: In the list of options, scroll down to "Remember each
    folder's view settings" and place a check next to it.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

    > I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
    > default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
    > photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
    > just want to change a few folders. TIA
    >
    > Brandy
    > Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

    Guess I should expound on this a bit:
    To setup a view that you would like used by most folders: Open a folder in
    Windows Explorer. Using the View menu of that window, set it up using
    settings that you would like to see in most folders. Use Folder Options>
    View> Apply to All Folders to lock that in.

    Then check "Remember each folder's view settings." When you want to change
    the view settings for a particular folder, use the various View menus in
    that folder's window.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thanks so much Sharon! :-)

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:15:58 -0500, Brandy wrote:

    > Thanks so much Sharon! :-)
    >
    > Brandy

    You're welcome, Brandy!
    --