brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
just want to change a few folders. TIA

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Inside the folder you want to set the view for go to
Tool...Folder Options...View tab

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
> default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
> photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
> just want to change a few folders. TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Folder Options> View: In the list of options, scroll down to "Remember each
folder's view settings" and place a check next to it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:43:23 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> I used to know how to do this, but can't remember. How do I change my
> default views (i.e. thumbnails, list, etc.) for certain folders (i.e. my
> photos, my documents, etc.)? I don't want the same view in everything, I
> just want to change a few folders. TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Guess I should expound on this a bit:
To setup a view that you would like used by most folders: Open a folder in
Windows Explorer. Using the View menu of that window, set it up using
settings that you would like to see in most folders. Use Folder Options>
View> Apply to All Folders to lock that in.

Then check "Remember each folder's view settings." When you want to change
the view settings for a particular folder, use the various View menus in
that folder's window.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Thanks so much Sharon! :)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:15:58 -0500, Brandy wrote:

> Thanks so much Sharon! :)
>
> Brandy

You're welcome, Brandy!
--