getting error with adprep

Win2k A/D envirotnment with some w2k3 member servers.

i have a server (w2k3) that i want to be a DC.

From my SChema Operations Master dc I run:

adprep /forestprep

then i get these errors:

"attributeSyntax" attribute value for objects defined in Windows 2000 schema
and
extended schema do not match.

A previous schema extension has defined the attribute value as "2.5.5.5" for
obj
ect "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pcb,DC=com" differently than the
schem
a extension needed for Windows 2003 server .
[Status/Consequence]
Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
[User Action]
Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended the schema to
res
olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.

help!

i really need to get this server up for a branch office!
2 answers Last reply
More about getting error adprep

    > [Status/Consequence]
    > Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
    > [User Action]
    > Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended the schema
    > res
    > olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.

    Wild guess (e.g., I could easily be wrong) but I heard a rumor
    that under certain conditions (?) Exchange 2000 might have
    extended the Schema in such a way as to interfere with the
    InetOrgPerson extensions of W2K3 so check on that if you
    run Exchange (or ever tested it in that domain.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    =

    "" wrote:
    > Win2k A/D envirotnment with some w2k3 member servers.
    >
    > i have a server (w2k3) that i want to be a DC.
    >
    > From my SChema Operations Master dc I run:
    >
    > adprep /forestprep
    >
    > then i get these errors:

    > ===============
    > "attributeSyntax" attribute value for objects defined in
    > Windows 2000 schema
    > and
    > extended schema do not match.
    >

    > A previous schema extension has defined the attribute value as
    > "2.5.5.5" for
    > obj
    > ect "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pcb,DC=com"
    > differently than the
    > schem
    > a extension needed for Windows 2003 server .
    > [Status/Consequence]
    > Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
    > [User Action]
    > Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended
    > the schema to
    > res
    > olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.
    >
    > help!
    >
    > i really need to get this server up for a branch office!

    See:
    MS-KBQ325379_How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows
    Server 2003

    MS-KBQ555040_Common Mistakes When Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain To
    Windows 2003

    MS-KBQ314649_W2K3 ADPREP Command Causes Mangled Attributes in W2K
    Forests That Contain E2K Servers

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-error-adprep-ftopict399036.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318031

Servers Active Directory Windows