  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 22, 2005 12:10:53 AM

Win2k A/D envirotnment with some w2k3 member servers.

i have a server (w2k3) that i want to be a DC.

From my SChema Operations Master dc I run:

adprep /forestprep

then i get these errors:

"attributeSyntax" attribute value for objects defined in Windows 2000 schema
and
extended schema do not match.

A previous schema extension has defined the attribute value as "2.5.5.5" for
obj
ect "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pcb,DC=com" differently than the
schem
a extension needed for Windows 2003 server .
[Status/Consequence]
Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
[User Action]
Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended the schema to
res
olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.

help!

i really need to get this server up for a branch office!

More about : error adprep

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 12:10:54 AM

> [Status/Consequence]
> Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
> [User Action]
> Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended the schema
> res
> olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.

Wild guess (e.g., I could easily be wrong) but I heard a rumor
that under certain conditions (?) Exchange 2000 might have
extended the Schema in such a way as to interfere with the
InetOrgPerson extensions of W2K3 so check on that if you
run Exchange (or ever tested it in that domain.)

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE

=
> "attributeSyntax" attribute value for objects defined in Windows 2000
schema
> and
> extended schema do not match.
>

> A previous schema extension has defined the attribute value as "2.5.5.5"
for
> obj
> ect "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pcb,DC=com" differently than the
> schem
> a extension needed for Windows 2003 server .
> [Status/Consequence]
> Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
> [User Action]
> Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended the schema
> res
> olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.
>
> help!
>
> i really need to get this server up for a branch office!

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:38:05 PM

"" wrote:
> Win2k A/D envirotnment with some w2k3 member servers.
>
> i have a server (w2k3) that i want to be a DC.
>
> From my SChema Operations Master dc I run:
>
> adprep /forestprep
>
> then i get these errors:

> ===============
> "attributeSyntax" attribute value for objects defined in
> Windows 2000 schema
> and
> extended schema do not match.
>

> A previous schema extension has defined the attribute value as
> "2.5.5.5" for
> obj
> ect "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pcb,DC=com"
> differently than the
> schem
> a extension needed for Windows 2003 server .
> [Status/Consequence]
> Adprep cannot extend your existing schema
> [User Action]
> Contact the vendor of the application that previously extended
> the schema to
> res
> olve the inconsistency. Then run adprep again.
>
> help!
>
> i really need to get this server up for a branch office!

See:
MS-KBQ325379_How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows
Server 2003

MS-KBQ555040_Common Mistakes When Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain To
Windows 2003

MS-KBQ314649_W2K3 ADPREP Command Causes Mangled Attributes in W2K
Forests That Contain E2K Servers

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-error-adp...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318031
!