Is Backweb-137903 OK as a firewall exception

This is from the Pest Patrol website:

"BackWeb is a generic, background downloading tool that software vendors can
incorporate into their product to download data (e.g. product updates) to
the user's PC. Its operation depends on the instructions given to it by the
individual software vendor who bundles it.
BackWeb has been associated with numerous large companies working on a
corporate level to deliver timely information and updates. Essentially,
BackWeb is a communications program whereby a large amount of users may be
contacted in an instant."

It is also used by spyware. Run adaware from Lavasoft to make sure there is
not some malware on your computer.

"Tom" <anntomdo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> This is listed an an exc exception in my firewall rules. Is this OK?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom D.

Hello Tom

Its up to you whether you keep it or not:
backweb-137903.exe belongs to the Hewlett Packard Center and gives the user
access to offers and recommendations from HP. This is a non-essential
process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Backweb-137903&btnG=Google+Search

Michael Ortega