Heavy system useless without gaming BUT WHAT ABOUT CONSOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well people are buying up the heavy machines to do heavy gaming and spending huge money on buying up the graphic cards now say if the main intention is to game then why are consoles made up of.The Xbox 360 is mindblowing and the PS3 has planted up the nuclear bomb 8) and now say that if we spend money on buying the Graphic Cards is'nt it good to buy up the console by spending lesser price.

Well i have the same problem which to buy a console or a pc.

If you all say with pc's you could do video editing and other all sort i have an old athlonXP with a GeForce 6200.

Consoles are heavily loaded LOOK at the xbox 360 it can spew out 1.0TFLOPS which has 3 processors and the upcoming PS3 has 7 cores

Now people after buying the pc's for gaming they go and buy up the games BUT if the game developer does'nt release the game for the pc it would gave a heart stroke.LIKE THE HALO 2 RELEASED ONLY FOR XBOX

I took a look at this topic but it supported both the pc's and the consoles
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6233821.html

Now you all help me what to do i am thinking to buy up a new pc with nvidia geForce 7600GT or ati x1800gto.

cleeve

Illustrious
Personally, I prefer PCs, I like the control scheme better, the increased power (regardless of meaningless teraflop figures), higher resolution, the control options, modability of games, etc, etc...

But you should get whatever you like. If you want a console, go to town... sounds like you've already decided.

Have fun with Halo 2. :)

QuietFreek

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
the two main differences between the patforms are the control and the resolution if you dont mind the impresise control of a gamepad then then a console offers the best copatability and a guarenttee that in 2-3 years time new games will still run perfectly on it. but when your considering the priceing equation dont forget the £600 + HDTV youll need to get to get the best from the console and even then the resolution *probably* wont be upto that of a fairly standard pc moniter, unless u spend £1600 + on a 1080p tv.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Well people are buying up the heavy machines to do heavy gaming and spending huge money on buying up the graphic cards now say if the main intention is to game then why are consoles made up of.The Xbox 360 is mindblowing and the PS3 has planted up the nuclear bomb 8) and now say that if we spend money on buying the Graphic Cards is'nt it good to buy up the console by spending lesser price.

If you all say with pc's you could do video editing and other all sort i have an old athlonXP with a GeForce 6200.

Consoles are heavily loaded LOOK at the xbox 360 it can spew out 1.0TFLOPS which has 3 processors and the upcoming PS3 has 7 cores

Now people after buying the pc's for gaming they go and buy up the games BUT if the game developer does'nt release the game for the pc it would gave a heart stroke.LIKE THE HALO 2 RELEASED ONLY FOR XBOX

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6233821.html

Now you all help me what to do i am thinking to buy up a new pc with nvidia geForce 7600GT or ati x1800gto.

I'll Microsoft their dues, the 360 is a great piece of kit, the PS3 I'm not so sure about as its using many unproven technologies. Only time will tell if the PS3 will be a success.

Personally I think PC and console gaming will slowly merge closer together and will happily co-exist. We know from Microsoft press statements that Windows Vista and DirectX 10 that Microsoft is planning to make PC hardware similar to Console hardware work in a similar fashion (something to do with redundant pipelines, that consoles make better use of).

And don't forget PC technology will overtake its console cousins in terms of graphics rendering within a year of a new consoles being released. I would say the 360 has already been surpassed and the PS3 will only be equal to a high end PC when it comes out. Add to that the PC is already experimenting with real time physics rendering which could be the biggest breakthrough in gaming for years. This is something that you won’t see on consoles for another 5 years.

cyrak

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006

The 3 cores of teh xbox360 are nowhere near as advanced as an athlon or pentium, and the PS3 does not have 7 cores, it has 7 SPEs +1 real core.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well it's just a mess for me.I when think to buy up the consoles i think of heavy gaming.When i think of pc's i think of DX10 coz the pc which i am gonna going to buy up.The GPU which i am gonna going to buy is either nvidia 7600GT or Ati x1800GTo,now the prob lies they support the DX9.I am totally sandwiched.On one side i see heavy gaming and on other side i see 64 bit computing heavily and i also have the Windows 64 bit edition.

The problem of Directx is hammering up my head.Would my GPU support that

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
You wont be able to run dx10 but you will use dx10 in reverse compatibility mode. I think it is quite safe to use what you have. In time dx10 cards will be needed but I think this is a year or more away. I have a dude whom had a race on my network and couldn’t believe the difference in game play. I could tell by his face his experience playing a great game on a gaming computer was an awesome experience an eye opener. The quality of realism in movement to shooting and that is what the computer is all about. I think most pc gamers and xbox users would agree with what I am saying.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
would the longivity of my pc would be there.But i can prove that the longivity of the consoles would be there and consoles can give easily 50-60 fps(EXAMPLE-XBOX 360 can give it at high resoulution of 1080i).CAN PC's give.We have to spend up a heavy amount But still i am thinking to buy a pc i dont know why but i think i have taken a descison to buy up a pc.

zyberwoof

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I'm definatly more of a fan of consoles...

Everything is simpler and easier with one. You don't ever have to overclock a console. Why? Because the developers make their games specifically for the one console, not the 100's of possible PC configurations. Thus, if your console game has a bad framerate, you can safely point your finger at the developer for bad coding, not yourself for not having shelled out an extra $50 for a nicer video card.

People always say PC games look better than console games. Well, yes and no. Their resolution is able to top consoles, this is true. But that requires you to have a pretty nice PC which costs more, so obviously it SHOULD be more powerful. My personal opinion on graphics is:

1. Graphics do NOT make the game.
2. Graphics are more heavily impacted by the artists skill than the hardware. Zelda: LttP on SNES still looks more beautiful than most of the games I see now days.

Most games try to push hardware to its max to make games look as realistic as possible, but few have artists good enough to fully draw you in. Finally, playing a game on a 55' HDTV is better than a 21' PC monitor. And although you can move your PC to use for gaming on your TV, it is not nearly as worth while.

As far as controls go, I don't understand how every talks about consoles being less precise. Sure a mouse is accurate, but few games are played with just the mouse. I have never gotten into many games on a PC, but those arrow keys are by far the least comfortable form of control that I know. Yeah, controller joysticks may be less precise than a mouse, but I prefer the feel of a controller more and for everything other than single joystick vs mouse a controller seems a lot better to me.

Lastly, consoles are much more social than PCs. It is much easier to play multiplayer on a console than a PC. Notice that I said "PC," not "PCs" since once you have two PCs multiplayer starts to get somewhere. I have never been to a real LAN party before, but I have had sort of a mini LAN party with 4 Xboxs and Halo and I must say it is the Shiznit! So if you have a bunch of friends who would do that type of thing on PC often then PC may be your way to go.

So, to summarize, if your main concern is...
- Cost, get a console.
- Controller, buy whichever you like more.
- High end graphics, get a PC.
- Playing with friends locally(expecially those of the female gender) get a console. In fact, look into Gamecube or Wii. If you are not too insecure about yourself you will find some great casual games to play with non gamers.
- Playing online, get a PC. Although consoles have come a long way in this area. Xbox Live is really good, expecially if you have a lot of friends with it also.
- Comfort, get a console. (Big screen + couch = love)
- Convience, get a PC. It is nice to not have to get up to switch what you are doing.

And finally, the #1 deciding factor (in my opinion)....
If you want to play games with friends, get what they have. If you have 5 friends with an Xbox, you can borrow their games. If your friends are nuts about playing WoW, join in on the fun. Playing games with friends is the best way to play. Thats why I ended up buying an Xbox after being an exclusive Nintendo fanboy. ** NOTE ** Playstation is the devil :-D

Wow, that post is way longer than I thought it would be.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Whats your point to your post, the xbox is better than the pc, if that was you intention I could not care which one is better or plays games better. My point to the post was the xbox360 dude was amazed and in most games I'm pumping out enough power to play a first person shooter with great performance, which is faster,, dont matter to me. When someone comes to my house to play a game they have fun and want a pc to play games and this includes xbox360 gamers I have played xbox360 games and I like my pc but buddy at work likes his xbox360 for games but that dont make one better than the other.

When someone flies a plane with my flight controller the experience is the closest one would ever expereience other than actually being in a plane.

Jeez Louise, another F'in Console thread! :roll:

Well people are buying up the heavy machines to do heavy gaming and spending huge money...

And some of us use them for other things as well. Like editing, etc.
But yes many people spend alot on just a gaming rig.

The Xbox 360 is mindblowing and the PS3 has planted up the nuclear bomb 8)

It's a BOMB alright. the PS3 looks like nothing but suck-itude sofar. And by the time it releases, they won't have that much of a price advantage over that same VPU in a PC. At least the XBo'xs graphics engine is technically superior to what's in consumer PCs now (which doesn't mean it's faster, nor does it offer better IQ either [no AF levels unlike PC]).

and now say that if we spend money on buying the Graphic Cards is'nt it good to buy up the console by spending lesser price.

Why? Price is the only factor? Then get an older PC, heck I pretty much gave away (for a case of beer) a dual MP2000+ rig with 1GB and an R9600P (which I have since gotten back due to the guy upgrading). If price is the only consideration there are also better options out there.

If you have to ask that question then it's probably console for you. :p

Whiuc is slow, but if you don't need fast, then it'll do.

Really if specs impress you consider this, PS3 will have a SLOW GF7900, and while the Xbox 360 graphics are more flexible and have some intriguing internal designs, they still can't do 16XAF, let alone HQ AF, adn once the G80 and R600 launch they'll be able to do things neither console can even render in real time. Stats mean very little in this it's a question of do you want flexability (PC) or simply a low input system (consoles). Oblivion on the PC can do things the Xbox360 never will, and can add it's own content (for free from the community) that the Xbox360 never will. Both have their stengths and weaknesses.

HALO2 is NOT only for Xbox, just release on Xbox first, just like the original. And for one off games like that, there's no question you buy it if you like it, hence I have both. But there's also titles that will never ship on the consoles, or will never ship like it does in the PC version for the console (usually the network side of things).

Which is actually the ONLY CORRECT answer.

Now you all help me what to do

Can't do that. Only Fanbois think there's only one perfect solution, that's why I have both, and a PSP too. They all do something better than the others.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well the example you gave was correct Playing Flight Simulator by a joystick is a gr8 experience.Well on the other hand if we think of buying up the consoles we have to stop our brains by thinking any sort of video editing and other sorts.we should buy a good GPU like 7600Gt or ati x1800gto which would not make a hole in the pocket and we could game on it with eye-candy support.WELL FOR PLAYING UP THE GAMES ON THE CONSOLES,I HAVE TO BUY AN HDTV WHICH WOULD CREATE A HOLE BY A DRILLING MACHINE IN MY POCKET and on the other hand i have a 19 inch CRT monitor so i could easily play games and ehey any sort of wrong thing like cracking etc(look i am not supporting piracy but everyone thinks of it once)is thought by many persons to try up atleast one time which could'nt be done in the Consoles.

SO that's the reason i am planning to buy up a pc which would give me playable frame rates at a good resoulutions with eye candy support.

I THINK MY DESCISON IS CORRECT.

zyberwoof

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
WELL FOR PLAYING UP THE GAMES ON THE CONSOLES,I HAVE TO BUY AN HDTV WHICH WOULD CREATE A HOLE BY A DRILLING MACHINE IN MY POCKET and on the other hand i have a 19 inch CRT monitor so i could easily play games

VGA Cable

I play my 360 on my 19" LCD all the time. Works like a charm. Both Consoles and PC's you have the same choices of monitors.

I THINK MY DESCISON IS CORRECT.

Then go with it. When it comes to games, it is not about anything other than what you will enjoy the most. If you have done some research and think you are correct about this, then you are.

I personally prefer to PCs to consoles not only for the controls, but also because I play a lot of strategy games like Galactic Civilizations, and Star Wars Empire At War. Other games that I play requires a keyboard like X2: The Return.

I do play some FPS games but not many. Oblivion is on my list, and maybe Hitman: Blood Money. Nothing like killing your objective by strangulation using the "Fiber Wire".

I'm definatly more of a fan of consoles...

And obviously ignore their failings.

Everything is simpler and easier with one.

Hah! Whatever. Dealing in absolutes, everything, eh? Guess that's why RTSs and FPSs are all consoles at lan parties. :roll:

You don't ever have to overclock a console.

Sure you do, in fact I can even overclock my PSP, so I can get better performance from GTA if I want it. The difference is that it's a more complex hack for consoles than PC, so it's it funny that you'd support the inability to overclock, despite the fact that there are many console games that lag (Quake4 anyone?).

Why? Because the developers make their games specifically for the one console, not the 100's of possible PC configurations. Thus, if your console game has a bad framerate, you can safely point your finger at the developer for bad coding, not yourself for not having shelled out an extra $50 for a nicer video card.

Yeah pointing my finger at the developer is going to raise my framerate, jeez guess the finger pointing only works for foreign consoles because I point my finger all the time, and it does nothing to fix my problem on consoles or PCs. :roll: At least with a PC, I can fix my own problem. Take Oblivion as a good example, doesn't run smoothly, I tweak the settings, voila, smooth as silk, game bug means I can't do something 99% of the time I can go in, use the console, fix my own problem, continue with the quest, or get the money/items I should've received. Show me how to do that on a console and how pointing a finger would help me complete a game I'm already 80% through? (not that I'm anywhere near that far with Oblivion, Paul *ahem* :mrgreen: )

People always say PC games look better than console games. Well, yes and no. Their resolution is able to top consoles, this is true. But that requires you to have a pretty nice PC which costs more, so obviously it SHOULD be more powerful.

That all depends on the game, some can look much better for a fraction of the cost.

1. Graphics do NOT make the game.

Somewhat of a truism IMO.
Once again, depends on the game. Sure in general it won't make 100% of the game, but it may be the reason the game is appreciated or a large contribuing factor. No man/game-feature is an island?

2. Graphics are more heavily impacted by the artists skill than the hardware. Zelda: LttP on SNES still looks more beautiful than most of the games I see now days.

All the artist skillz isn't going to make an NES game look good, so obviously it's partly hardware.

Most games try to push hardware to its max to make games look as realistic as possible, but few have artists good enough to fully draw you in.

So what now consoles have better artists?
Fact, Oblivions textures didn't meet up to the critical expectations of some people (I liked them well enough) so they decided to make their own texture mods like they did in Morrwoind before as well (a feature only available on PC, console can't do this period), these new textures are very nice, and while I find the default fine, I do notice the mod is better and I have used some. Interesting thing is some of these textures are even more efficient and therefore perform better and don't need to push the hardware as hard.

Finally, playing a game on a 55' HDTV is better than a 21' PC monitor.

Which related to what? PC can use HDTVs too, and there are some people who can't afford HDRVs and they use 21" monitors or *gasp* 20" (or less) SDTVs for their Xbox 360, so it's a red herring to even mention it.

And although you can move your PC to use for gaming on your TV, it is not nearly as worth while.

Said you, the fanboi, with no argument to back up your statement. The addition of AF to the PC version of Oblivion is a perfect reason to hook up your 58+" 1920x1080 HDTV to an Xfired/SLi'ed PC, since the Xbox360 doesn't support that resolution only 720P (which can be scaled to output 1080i) and thus you suffer additional interpolation effects in addition to the lack of AF, let alone HQ AF. If anything the top of the line HDTVs are wasted on current consoles (Sony says the PS3 will support 1080P, but lets wait and see what the games say [Xbox/M$ dropped that claim when they started developing games).

As far as controls go, I don't understand how every talks about consoles being less precise. Sure a mouse is accurate,

So you agree then, a laser mouse (doesn't even have to be a razorback or saitek laser gamer 3200dpi fast refresh) would be more precise than an analogue stick/pad, but you don't understand why people say it? :roll:

but few games are played with just the mouse.

RTS, FPS ring a bell?

I have never gotten into many games on a PC,

Which is obvious by your ignorant statements. I on the other hand play consoles and PCs and am familiar with both, and appreciate them euqally for doing what I want them to do usually as well as I expect them to (although both have shortcomings, and occasional glitches/failings)

but those arrow keys are by far the least comfortable form of control that I know.

Yeah and those original NES and Xbox controllers didn't almost cripple players, sure! :roll:

I'm a big guy and even I had sore hands after playing Morrowind for any stretch on the original Xbox.

Yeah, controller joysticks may be less precise than a mouse, but I prefer the feel of a controller more and for everything other than single joystick vs mouse a controller seems a lot better to me.

Good for you, however you do realize that you can add a console controller to a PC right? I have two of these (bought mine on sale, $15 for one an $10 for the other);
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10051357&catid=14262&logon=&langid=EN

Before that I bought (and still own) a wireless Thrustmaster gamepade, and a Logitech rumble pad before that, so those options have been available to PCs too.
joystickov0.gif

YEAH!

consoles are much more social than PCs.

OMFG! Yeah sure whatever. :roll:
You know my console has never socialized on it's own, heck if it did I'd probably kill it with my Axe!
chopzw9.gif

It is much easier to play multiplayer on a console than a PC.

Once again, says you. It depends on the game , I prefer sports titles multiplayer on the Xbox at work only because it's no setup time because I don't have to wait for the dorks to mod their characters like when we play on the PC, however most other multiplayer games (especially like UT2K4) I prefer on PC's so that I can taunt people, or open up the console and send stuff/etc).

Notice that I said "PC," not "PCs" since once you have two PCs multiplayer starts to get somewhere.

Notice how no-one cares. You can do both, the difference is most people don't have PCs near their TVs, my laptop however will play sports titles just fine on the TV, and give me more options than the console, and remember those controller, no problem playing just like on the Xbox.

I have never been to a real LAN party before,

For someone who's so certain of what's better you sure haven't done much of anything to base that assumption on. :roll:

but I have had sort of a mini LAN party with 4 Xboxs and Halo and I must say it is the Shiznit! So if you have a bunch of friends who would do that type of thing on PC often then PC may be your way to go.

The point is you can do it with both, and if you know how to hack you can even avoid stoopid Xbox live and play people from the other end of the country.

So, to summarize

Summarizing, you haven't had enough experience in both realms to comment on it. :twisted:

- Playing with friends locally(expecially those of the female gender) get a console.

Yeah, consoles are gonna help you pull. You sound like you're 12. :roll:
First thing I think of when I get a lady to the house, is "Hey, wanna play Halo or Luigi's Mansion?!?"
rofluc7.gif

In fact, look into Gamecube or Wii. If you are not too insecure about yourself you will find some great casual games to play with non gamers.

Or in fact you could consider going outside, it's kinda cool, there's a new update and it offers so much more than the old outside. 8)

- Playing online, get a PC. Although consoles have come a long way in this area. Xbox Live is really good, expecially if you have a lot of friends with it also.

Xbox live SUX! But thankfully if you know what you're doing you don't have to use it. :twisted:

- Comfort, get a console. (Big screen + couch = love)

Comfort, get a PC, because you can turn it of from the controller, unlike the old consoles (Xbox360 finally added that), and you can still no-DVD a game, unlike the new Xbox360 (not hacked yet), or the GameCube and only some PS2. The comfort issue doesn't favour the Console in the least, everything you can do on the console for comfort, you can do on the PC, except playing the laest title on the road is ngih on impossible with a console (my laptop is fine on the bus/train/plane, the Xbox, not gonna happen without breaking your hips :roll: ).

If you want to play games with friends, get what they have.

Unless your friends are losers and own crap. Get what you want most importantly, if your friends don't have one then show them how much better yours is an that they should get one. If I relied on what firends have I'd prbably be stuck with an Intellivision or Sega Genesis forever.

Wow, that post is way longer than I thought it would be.

Yeah, and really could've been summed up by, you're a console fanboi.

Seriously these threads are full of people who think they have the superiro system/solution, but there's isn't one sofar that anyone here can point to that replaces all of the PCs and consoles I use. You find that thing and then you have a winner, until then it's all opinion on what you prefer, and most people don't know enough about both to understand that that opinion is just as subjective as Coke vs Pepsi !

BTW, Coke is it! :twisted:

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Actually I'm pretty sure most developers have already said that their PS3 games will only run at 720P, so yes it will technically support 1080P, you just won't find any games running at it. :wink:

LOL!

Yeah, that's probably true. I do remember alot of WTFs when Sony made that statement (well re-stating it), but of course it's like some PR for them to try and use and keep people interested while they wait and Wait and WAIT for the PS3 to arrive.

I might still buy one as a BluRay player (heck the Samsung is $1299 CDN at BestBuy/FutureShop! 8O , can't justify that yet, until there's more content, regardless of how much I like Underworld! :mrgreen: ).

Yeah that was my reaction too!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10073990&catid=24136

The thing that surprised me is my local pharmacy is already selling HD-DVD players @ $599 down from the initial $699, and then walking in to check out the new BR player on release date and being absolutely FLOORED by the price (guess I should checked the web first :roll: ).

Amazing, a hand ful of titles isn't enough of a 'must have' for a price like that IMO.

Heck I got my ProScan DVD player in the first year on sale for $400 (regular $699), but heck there was content. The titles are still trickling in too slowly for me, heck I already died that death of a thousand cuts with my DVD-Audio and SACD disks! C'mon guys step it up! :evil:

Chubby_Rain

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
why f*** would you buy a console instead of a PC...

im happy to spend $1000's of dollars more to buy a PC because its far more flexible than a console. It is in fact more user friendly when you want flexibility and want to use it for an entire range of things.
The console is only designed to play games. It comes with a game controller pad that is a little brick with buttons on it and a directional keypad.
thats all you get. then you are epxected to pay $50 or so for a game and when you get that game you're expected to play it with this stupid little game controller.
if you doint like that game controller go out and buy a different controller... but willt hat game support that? no. ihate consoles. Gaming consoles were okay during the 80's early 90's for people who wanted gaming via monitor and couldnt afford the horrifically expensive computers and didnt have the time of day to learn how touse them.
But everything is different now. Personal Computers are cheaper, easier
to operate/learn. They are now the superior gaming machine and always
have been.
There is no point in buying a game console unless you're a person who has kids who want to do gaming and you cant afford a computer so you buy them a console. Or you're an ignorant person and dont want to mess around with PC's so buy a console instead.

also you say the xbox 360 is mind blowing and PS3 has planet up the nuclear bomb (whatever that means, but im sure it means its powerful). Well for your info you can build a PC that is more powerful than both xbox 360 and PS3.

gaming consoles?... dont believe all the hype they spew out about being 'supercomputers'... its all garbage. I can guarantee you that at the time of the PS3 release my PC will be more powerful in gaming performance.. well thats as long as the new generation video cards have been released before or at the time. UOnly if current generation cards havent already surpassed the PS3 like they have the xbox 360 we'll have to wait for the ps3 to be released to find out.

its always best to think of gaming consoles as toys ... i mean, they're sold at 'toys 'r' us' for chr*st sake. game consoles are a ridiculous gaming platform. Because they lack a mouse, keyboard, flexible operating system,
software, internet etc they just are as nowhere near as good as a persaonl computer. for gaming or whatever.
they're not even as half as good as a PC. Even if they may some day release a game that is more graphically advanced than anything on the PC, they still arent worth buying. I would rather use the money for an xbox 360 or ps3 on a new graphics card to be used as SLI with my current one or something. consoles are a complete waste of money.
And always with consoles you dont just spend what $300 for the box you always have to buy the games and accessories in order to actually use it.
Some people end up spending $1000 on their friggin consoles. IMO those people are stupid and the PC is far superior and always will be for both home entertainment (via large screen TV monitor) and workstation (via high resolute computer monitor)

Chubby_Rain

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
a guarenttee that in 2-3 years time new games will still run perfectly on it.

they would only run 'perfect' on it because traditionally with a console system they wont let you improve the grapics or lower them so what you get is a game that would have inferior graphics and running resolutoin to the same game for the PC.
thats why the game console is able to run games 3 years after its release.
The game would run in lower resolutoin with lesser details.
Or wouldnt be anywhere near half as good as the type of games you would get on a PC in 3 years time.

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
The problem with asking a question like this here is that... most people here prefer PCs, hence why there're here.:lol:

I'm neutral to both. Consoles can only play games and cost less. PCs cost more but they can game and do many other things.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
WELL I THINK THAT YOU DID"NT SAW MY PREVIOUS POSTS before pressing the SUBMIT button.

Well i have descided to take up a PC.I have two DDR400 512*2 so i am not thinking to shift to AM2.I want to take up DFI nf4 SLI INFINITY with a GEFORCE 7600GT.If i plan to get up an ATI card(ATIX1800GTO) then i think to buy up the ASUS A8R-MVP keeping my budget tight.

Well i am completely feared about the release of DIRECTX 10 coz this might hamper my purchase

zyberwoof

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
If you like both consoles and PCs like you say you do them maybe you shouldn't attack the only posts in the thread that give pros to consoles.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well i am not attacking i am usually in favour of the pc's rather than consoles and this is usually the problem of many people to either select pc or a console coz of the price difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.