can't create mailbox

I migrated the NT Domain to AD Domain and currently having a Exchange 2003
coexistence with Exchange5.5 environment. Everything work fine with the
migration process.
I add a new user in the AD by using Active Directory Users and Computers, I
can create the user account and create the Exchange mailbox with no error
occur. By look at the user account properties, under the exchange
properties, i can see the mailbox store path which is linking to my Exchange
2003 server. However, Under the Exchange Manager, I cannot see the user's
mailbox in the mailbox store. And also, I cannot connect to the mailbox by
using outlook in the client computer.
On the other hand, I can access the other users account (which mirgated from
NT Domain and have moved mailbox from 5.5 to 2003) on the Exchange 2003
mailbox store with no problem. Also, there is no problem with the mailbox
which still on the 5.5 Exchange mailbox store. Please Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about create mailbox

    "" wrote:
    > I migrated the NT Domain to AD Domain and currently having a
    > Exchange 2003
    > coexistence with Exchange5.5 environment. Everything work fine
    > with the
    > migration process.
    > I add a new user in the AD by using Active Directory Users and
    > Computers, I
    > can create the user account and create the Exchange mailbox
    > with no error
    > occur. By look at the user account properties, under the
    > exchange
    > properties, i can see the mailbox store path which is linking
    > to my Exchange
    > 2003 server. However, Under the Exchange Manager, I cannot see
    > the user's
    > mailbox in the mailbox store. And also, I cannot connect to
    > the mailbox by
    > using outlook in the client computer.
    > On the other hand, I can access the other users account (which
    > mirgated from
    > NT Domain and have moved mailbox from 5.5 to 2003) on the
    > Exchange 2003
    > mailbox store with no problem. Also, there is no problem with
    > the mailbox
    > which still on the 5.5 Exchange mailbox store. Please Help!

    be aware that a mailbox really gets into the store (and visible in
    System Manager) after being created when the first message arrives or
    when it is accessed. what do you mean with "I cannot connect to the
    mailbox by
    using outlook in the client computer." do you mean the user that owns
    the mailbox or a delegate?
    What is the error that you get?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-create-mailbox-ftopict399414.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319686

    the problem is that mail box is not created as I create the user account in
    active directory even if I goto system manager I can not see the mail box
    plus I have tried to send an email to the user and it returns back with
    undeliver error message.

    "Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > I migrated the NT Domain to AD Domain and currently having a
    > > Exchange 2003
    > > coexistence with Exchange5.5 environment. Everything work fine
    > > with the
    > > migration process.
    > > I add a new user in the AD by using Active Directory Users and
    > > Computers, I
    > > can create the user account and create the Exchange mailbox
    > > with no error
    > > occur. By look at the user account properties, under the
    > > exchange
    > > properties, i can see the mailbox store path which is linking
    > > to my Exchange
    > > 2003 server. However, Under the Exchange Manager, I cannot see
    > > the user's
    > > mailbox in the mailbox store. And also, I cannot connect to
    > > the mailbox by
    > > using outlook in the client computer.
    > > On the other hand, I can access the other users account (which
    > > mirgated from
    > > NT Domain and have moved mailbox from 5.5 to 2003) on the
    > > Exchange 2003
    > > mailbox store with no problem. Also, there is no problem with
    > > the mailbox
    > > which still on the 5.5 Exchange mailbox store. Please Help!
    >
    > be aware that a mailbox really gets into the store (and visible in
    > System Manager) after being created when the first message arrives or
    > when it is accessed. what do you mean with "I cannot connect to the
    > mailbox by
    > using outlook in the client computer." do you mean the user that owns
    > the mailbox or a delegate?
    > What is the error that you get?

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-create-mailbox-ftopict399414.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319686