need some good mods

I got my PC copy of Morrowind after playing it on XBOX. I reviewed some mods
I found that most were in some way of the other unbalancing to the game. Is
there Any mods out there that prevent this like making it harder to level
up? Any help would be great thanks Justin
3 answers Last reply
More about need good mods

    There is a levelling modification mod at
    http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Balor#Levelling
    I havn't tried this myself yet but planned for the next character.

    My favourite bookmarks for high-quality mods:

    * http://www.thelys.org/
    * http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/
    * http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=200845&ck=

    You find tons of mods at http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/
    The problem with this page is to find the good mods among the noise.

    Peter

    > There is a levelling modification mod at
    > http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Balor#Levelling

    I had a closer look at this with a new character. The mod looks pretty good.

    You don't gain 1-5 points to stats at levelup but max 2 if you would
    have gotten 5 without the mod, otherwise only 1. Basically this means,
    you usually only increase 1 point at levelup (though still for each 3
    stats like in the unmodded version). However, additionally to levelup
    stats increase you gain stats for every three points of skill on the
    fly. So assume you improve 2x longblade and 1x armorer just while
    playing, you suddenly get 1 point strength in the middle of the game.
    This balances the reduced levelup increase, but more or less restricts
    your stat improvements to the skills you really use.
    So no longer for example playing a mage and noticing some lack of
    endurance, running to the next spear trainer (with spear skill at 5
    points) and getting 10 cheap spear skillpoints and later 5 points
    endurance at the next levelup. With the mod, if you really want 5 points
    endurance, you need either 5 levelups or 3 levelups with each time 10
    spear points, or get 15 endurance-related skill improvements. As the
    latter is by far the easiest, the mod generally rewards things you do,
    but not things you don't do but just grab from the next trainer but
    never need except for the next levelup (spear as mage in above example).

    To make things even worse (or better), you also forget skills when you
    don't use them.

    I havn't played this much yet, just a level 3 char now. But I really
    like this mod so far. I retired my last character who turned demigod
    around level 40 with all stats except luck at 100, so this mod might add
    some new challenge.

    Peter

    "Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > There is a levelling modification mod at
    > > http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Balor#Levelling
    >
    > I had a closer look at this with a new character. The mod looks pretty
    good.

    > You don't gain 1-5 points to stats at levelup but max 2 if you would
    > have gotten 5 without the mod, otherwise only 1. Basically this means,
    > you usually only increase 1 point at levelup (though still for each 3
    > stats like in the unmodded version). However, additionally to levelup
    > stats increase you gain stats for every three points of skill on the
    > fly. So assume you improve 2x longblade and 1x armorer just while
    > playing, you suddenly get 1 point strength in the middle of the game.
    > This balances the reduced levelup increase, but more or less restricts
    > your stat improvements to the skills you really use.
    > So no longer for example playing a mage and noticing some lack of
    > endurance, running to the next spear trainer (with spear skill at 5
    > points) and getting 10 cheap spear skillpoints and later 5 points
    > endurance at the next levelup. With the mod, if you really want 5 points
    > endurance, you need either 5 levelups or 3 levelups with each time 10
    > spear points, or get 15 endurance-related skill improvements. As the
    > latter is by far the easiest, the mod generally rewards things you do,
    > but not things you don't do but just grab from the next trainer but
    > never need except for the next levelup (spear as mage in above example).
    >
    > To make things even worse (or better), you also forget skills when you
    > don't use them.
    >
    > I havn't played this much yet, just a level 3 char now. But I really
    > like this mod so far. I retired my last character who turned demigod
    > around level 40 with all stats except luck at 100, so this mod might add
    > some new challenge.
    >

    > Peter

    I have had the XBOX version since it came out then picked up the GOTY
    version. I got the PC version about a week ago. So far I'm impressed with
    the amount of mods and right now I'm running about 23 with a few of those
    improving FPS. My Laptop is the only computer i have that is fast enough to
    play it. Its an 1.9G 512M 16M video and its playable. Thanks for the link I
    was wanting a mod that nade the game harder with out taking it to much out
    of the game. The problem I have with the game is that when you get to to
    level 70 the game gets boring. RadarG

Games Video Games