Treyarch Removes, Restores Black Ops II Map Nuketown 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unless you're in the 12-18 yr old group with an outdated console your a complete idiot if you wasted money on Fail Ops 2 and should be shunned forever!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jamoise[/nom]We only made 500 million in the first day, we need to make more by charging for that map now.[/citation]

It's a profitable business to keeping prodding your customers for more money. And if they leave, you can always rely on word-of-mouth marketing, fancy Youtube videos and astounding game reviews to get more.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
$60 for Black Ops 2. $50 for the Season Pass (you get all 4 DLC's) or 4 DLC's at $15 each. They make their money.

I pre ordered it, stood in line for an hour at my local Best Buy and stopped playing 3 days later. Unfortunately I bought it for PC, can't resell. Oh well. Looks like I'll be buying BF3 after all.

Edit: Why is my comment being rated down? Because I'm giving my honest opinion on a game? Makes perfect sense to me.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I bought Black Ops 2 on launch day and have really enjoyed it. Just finished the Campaign on Sunday and loved it. It had a really interesting story and I loved the Strikeforce Missions that let you control the units on the battlefield. I enjoy all realistic first person shooters and buy every one that comes out LOL. I've been playing multiplayer and its awesome too but I'm not going to buy the seasons pass because I'm not sure if I'll still be playing when they are released. Instead I will wait until each is released and decide then if I'm still playing it enough to warrant buying the new maps. I also bought Halo 4 and have completed its Campaign as well which was awesome. But I still prefer the realistic shooters over the Halo type futuristic ones.

G

This article needs to mention the fact that the game has been altered since how it was originally released. Chaos Moshpit is not Nuketown 2025. It is a game that sometimes includes Nuketown. Because of this alter in the game from a week ago I am requesting my money back. No company should have the ability to alter the baseline of a game from its original version. Updates yes, but removal of types of game play, no.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
The 'Chaos Moshpit' playlist was added to Black Ops II as a concession to fans.

Objectively speaking, it wasn't a concession at all, they advertised the map as a pre-order bonus with no disclaimer it would only be available for the first week, so they are legally bound to make the map available as part of the pre-order package. If this went to court Treyarch and Activision would lose.

This is to Tom's and other sites: on such matters, I think a legal opinion from a third party should be requested in such cases, not that in this case it's very difficult to know that consumers have rights and you can't take features away for no reason other than commercial ones, it just seems that tech sites seem to lack even the most basic notion of what they, themselves, let alone consumers in general, have for rights, and pass the notion that when the seller makes things right they really didn't have to, when the fact is, they did.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Xatos[/nom]No. One. Cares.[/citation]
Well you cared enough to comment. At any rate, I would say i hoped they learned their lesson, but as any company owned by Activision goes, they gotta milk it til the cows come home.

[citation][nom]dscudella[/nom]$60 for Black Ops 2. $50 for the Season Pass (you get all 4 DLC's) or 4 DLC's at $15 each. They make their money. I pre ordered it, stood in line for an hour at my local Best Buy and stopped playing 3 days later. Unfortunately I bought it for PC, can't resell. Oh well. Looks like I'll be buying BF3 after all.Edit: Why is my comment being rated down? Because I'm giving my honest opinion on a game? Makes perfect sense to me.[/citation]

You are being down rated for stupidity. Buying a COD.game is bad enough. Buying on PC. buying from best buy. Standing in line. Buying the DLC (DLC is bad enough but really? Map packs as DLC? And PAYING FOR THEM!!! That's a scam) at launch. These all are "stupid" things to the PC gaming community. And any knowledge of COD would tell you that

And then you did all that, barely touched it, and it took that horrible experience despite knowing it was COD to realize that there's a better game designed for PC, out for a year and cheaper.

Yes EA, battlelog, origin, and battlefield premium are horrible. But it's still not the horror that is COD

G

The thing is Nuketown was loved and hated by so many people but you can't discouraged the fact that some people bought the game just for that map. I myself was one of those that after being burnt by the MW series (mw2/mw3) felt that I could wait for the game. The promise later came that dedicated servers will be available for pc, nuketown 2025 will be a pre-order bonus. So yes, I bought it just for that map as 2 years later the only map I still play from black ops 1 is Nuketown on those servers.

And no where did it say that nuketown 2025 is only for special events. It was a dedicated map at announcement.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

I never said I bought the DLC or Season Pass. I was stating that Treyarch / Activision will get their money from players one way or another. I played COD: Black Ops & MW3 on the Xbox 360 and enjoyed them. I decided to give up my console days and go back to my bread and butter, PC, and have nothing but woes since.

Your comment makes me feel like I should have stayed with the console community. You belittling me because I bought a game. Thanks for your comment.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
"still waiting for my cod black ops disk 2 wtf u make 500 mill and screw ur customers.... "

That's on Activision. Treyarch makes the game, the DLC and supports it with patches and hot fixes. Activision, being the Publisher, actually does the advertising, marketing, packaging & shipping of the game.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]You are being down rated for stupidity. Buying a COD.game is bad enough. Buying on PC. buying from best buy. Standing in line. Buying the DLC (DLC is bad enough but really? Map packs as DLC? And PAYING FOR THEM!!! That's a scam) at launch. These all are "stupid" things to the PC gaming community. And any knowledge of COD would tell you thatAnd then you did all that, barely touched it, and it took that horrible experience despite knowing it was COD to realize that there's a better game designed for PC, out for a year and cheaper.Yes EA, battlelog, origin, and battlefield premium are horrible. But it's still not the horror that is COD[/citation]

and you are being down rated for being a uppity snot nosed a-- that makes the rest of us pc gamer's look bad.

[citation][nom]dscudella[/nom]I never said I bought the DLC or Season Pass. I was stating that Treyarch / Activision will get their money from players one way or another. I played COD: Black Ops & MW3 on the Xbox 360 and enjoyed them. I decided to give up my console days and go back to my bread and butter, PC, and have nothing but woes since. Your comment makes me feel like I should have stayed with the console community. You belittling me because I bought a game. Thanks for your comment.[/citation]

don't let one jerk off scare you away from pc gaming. believe it or not most of us are much nicer folks than the aformentioned jerk off. that said , I personally got tired of realistic military shooters a while back . mostly find me online with left 4 dead 2 , or Mech warrior online. so if either of those games interest you, look me up and i'm sure we'll have some fun shooting something together .

Status
Not open for further replies.