HP Deskjet 1220c - Printing a Rich Black?

Hi

I'm making artwork in Illustrator then rendering it in Photoshop for
printing. Previously I was getting a true, rich black but the greys were
being lightened significantly. I changed colour profiles and things and now
I can't get a black black to print.

Currently, black in my image is:

c 94
m 83
y 81
k 90

i'd have thought that would be a dark black but its a dark blue. Could the
problem be the print settings themselves? Currently the source space is
euroscale uncoated v2, print space: profile working RGB and Intent =
perceptual. I don't understand these settings.

What settings do i need in the two programs and the print dialogue to get a
rich black and saturated colours?

Please help!

If the printer is actually using the color levels you state, the color
should be a very deep cool-black. In theory all the colors should be
equal to create a neutral gray (like 90C 90M 90Y) so there is a light
bias in the cyan there, but at that depth, with an overlay of 90K, I
would doubt it could be visible. Sounds like there is some profiling
going on that is reducing K and perhaps the other colors as well,
particularly yellow (Magenta and cyan make blue).

Art