How to hide folder if user does not have permission to acc..

Hi,
On Novell netware if user does not have access to any folder they will not
see that folder, but on windows 2000 servers they can see that folder but
when they try to access that foler it gives them Access denia. How do I hide
those folder?
Need help
Thanks

Mitesh
2 answers Last reply
More about hide folder user permission

    when a user has the read and execute (List permission) on a folder users can
    see and traverse but not view or execute the files.

    "Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > On Novell netware if user does not have access to any folder they will not
    > see that folder, but on windows 2000 servers they can see that folder but
    > when they try to access that foler it gives them Access denia. How do I
    > hide
    > those folder?
    > Need help
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mitesh

    You need to look into access based enumeration. It is available on Windows
    Server 2003 SP1 servers. See http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/shrflgs.htm
    for a tool to enable it.

    www.joeware.net

    Mitesh Patel wrote:
    > Hi,
    > On Novell netware if user does not have access to any folder they will not
    > see that folder, but on windows 2000 servers they can see that folder but
    > when they try to access that foler it gives them Access denia. How do I hide
    > those folder?
    > Need help
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mitesh