How to hide folder if user does not have permission to acc..

Tags:
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 25, 2005 5:47:17 PM

Hi,
On Novell netware if user does not have access to any folder they will not
see that folder, but on windows 2000 servers they can see that folder but
when they try to access that foler it gives them Access denia. How do I hide
those folder?
Need help
Thanks

Mitesh

More about : hide folder user permission acc

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 8:32:27 PM

when a user has the read and execute (List permission) on a folder users can
see and traverse but not view or execute the files.

"Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> On Novell netware if user does not have access to any folder they will not
> see that folder, but on windows 2000 servers they can see that folder but
> when they try to access that foler it gives them Access denia. How do I
> hide
> those folder?
> Need help
> Thanks
>
> Mitesh
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:16:35 AM

You need to look into access based enumeration. It is available on Windows
Server 2003 SP1 servers. See http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/shrflgs.htm
for a tool to enable it.

www.joeware.net