XP2 and popup blocker

I´ve disabled the popup blocker.
But when i browse to local files (on my harddisk) the popup blocker still
blocks the popup??

Is there a way too disable the popup blocker completely?

What popup, there shouldn't be popups on your local system.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ed Martens" <Ed Martens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I´ve disabled the popup blocker.
> But when i browse to local files (on my harddisk) the popup blocker still
> blocks the popup??
>
> Is there a way too disable the popup blocker completely?

Michael,

I've an telebanking application, which uses IE and is installed local.
And the popup blocker comes up multiple time.
I also use the google blocker which is more user friendly

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What popup, there shouldn't be popups on your local system.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Ed Martens" <Ed Martens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I´ve disabled the popup blocker.
> > But when i browse to local files (on my harddisk) the popup blocker still
> > blocks the popup??
> >
> > Is there a way too disable the popup blocker completely?

Ramesh's reply in this thread may explain what is going on.

Additionally, if you are on a broadband connection, it is always on and if
you open your banking application it may be making the connection in which
case such a response would not be to browsing locally. Nonetheless, if
you've turned off all popup blocking, than it should not be functioning and
I know of no other way it can be turned off.

If you have any ad blocking capability, perhaps some other security software
that could be the issue as opposed to the explanation posted by Ramesh in
this thread.

--

> Michael,
>
> I've an telebanking application, which uses IE and is installed local.
> And the popup blocker comes up multiple time.
> I also use the google blocker which is more user friendly
>

> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What popup, there shouldn't be popups on your local system.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "Ed Martens" <Ed Martens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I´ve disabled the popup blocker.
>> > But when i browse to local files (on my harddisk) the popup blocker
>> > still
>> > blocks the popup??
>> >
>> > Is there a way too disable the popup blocker completely?

It's not a pop-up, but the Information bar which might show when you open a
local HTML file (with active content in it).

Allow active content to run in files on My Computer - Windows XP Service
Pack 2:
http://www.winxptutor.com/lmzunlock.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI