2003 DC in 2000 AD

I would like to know if I can install a WIN2003 server as a DC in a Win2000
domain without extending the Schema or changing any roles on my current
win2000 Native mode domain?

We are replacing server hadware in a european office, and would like to use
a WIN2003 server as a DC.The nework currently has Exchaneg 2000 installed,
and will be upgraded to win2003 within a few months.We do not want to upgrade
the domain to win200 at this stage.

From what I have found on TechNet, it suggest that this is not possible, but
any help would be usefull.
--
Warren Church
MCSE/MCSA 2000

    "" wrote:
    > I would like to know if I can install a WIN2003 server as a DC
    > in a Win2000
    > domain without extending the Schema or changing any roles on
    > my current
    > win2000 Native mode domain?
    >
    > We are replacing server hadware in a european office, and
    > would like to use
    > a WIN2003 server as a DC.The nework currently has Exchaneg
    > 2000 installed,
    > and will be upgraded to win2003 within a few months.We do not
    > want to upgrade
    > the domain to win200 at this stage.
    >
    > From what I have found on TechNet, it suggest that this is not
    > possible, but
    > any help would be usefull.
    > --
    > Warren Church
    > MCSE/MCSA 2000

    If you want to introduce w2k3 DCs you must extend the schema!

    See:
    MS-KBQ325379_How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows
    Server 2003

    MS-KBQ314649_W2K3 ADPREP Command Causes Mangled Attributes in W2K
    Forests That Contain E2K Servers

    MS-KBQ555040_Common Mistakes When Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain To
    Windows 2003

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-2003-DC-2000-AD-ftopict401320.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1327474

    Warren Church wrote:
    > I would like to know if I can install a WIN2003 server as a DC in a Win2000
    > domain without extending the Schema or changing any roles on my current
    > win2000 Native mode domain?
    >
    > We are replacing server hadware in a european office, and would like to use
    > a WIN2003 server as a DC.The nework currently has Exchaneg 2000 installed,
    > and will be upgraded to win2003 within a few months.We do not want to upgrade
    > the domain to win200 at this stage.

    You have to extend the schema and because You are using Exchagne 2000
    You have to make a little patch first. This is well tested operation and
    everything should go smoothly

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl