Problem in changing AD password

Dear all,

I counter a problem that I need to reset one of the user's password, I set to "Null" and
"user need to change password on next logon". Once the user logon and prompt for asking
new password, user can't use back their old password for the new changing one.

I'm sure that I already set the GP for disable all the password policy such as "90 days
expired", "password must need 6 characters long", "Password must meet complexity
requirement", what else did I missed?

The "Enforce Password History" remembers previous passwords the user has
used. They can't reuse old passwords up to the number in the history value.

"Asurada" <asurada_11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I counter a problem that I need to reset one of the user's password, I set
> to "Null" and
> "user need to change password on next logon". Once the user logon and
> prompt for asking
> new password, user can't use back their old password for the new changing
> one.
>
> I'm sure that I already set the GP for disable all the password policy
> such as "90 days
> expired", "password must need 6 characters long", "Password must meet
> complexity
> requirement", what else did I missed?

Sounds like they want to reuse the old password.

"Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I counter a problem that I need to reset one of the user's
> > password, I set to "Null" and
> > "user need to change password on next logon". Once the user
> > logon and prompt for asking
> > new password, user can't use back their old password for the
> > new changing one.
> >
> > I'm sure that I already set the GP for disable all the
> > password policy such as "90 days
> > expired", "password must need 6 characters long", "Password
> > must meet complexity
> > requirement", what else did I missed?
>
> If you reset the pwd and force the user to change at next logon than
> the OLD pwd the user must use is the pwd YOU entered (the NULL pwd)
>
> Or have I misunderstood your problem?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Problem-changing-AD-password-ftopict401653.html