AMD does not need your help

intelamduser

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2004
AMD will shortly be asking there avid fans to stop posting lies and half truths on the internet newsgroups.

Their stock prices are falling like leaves from a tree.

I own AMD stock and am taking it in the shorts right now, should have sold two weeks ago.

Darkfire001

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
^

For has AMD Stock and rants on about half-truths you seem to be making a half-truth yourself. I HIGHLY doubt AMD would ever issue a press release "discounting" or "confirming" many of the current rumors circulating. It would only hurt.

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
If you sold it two weeks ago it didn't help much. If you have been reading the forums then you wouldn't keep the stock so long, so long that Core 2 is releasing within 2 weeks

JesterX

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
AMD will shortly be asking there avid fans to stop posting lies and half truths on the internet newsgroups.

I own AMD stock and am taking it in the shorts right now, should have sold two weeks ago.

I bought AMD stock when it was $24ish and sold it at $36.
That was the best investment I ever made in AMD and its paid off so I can go buy an Intel Conroe machine.

EDIT: I bought 150 shares.

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004

Stop listening to 9nm - or did you believe sharkiboob that
Intel is going under.

should of sold-out when conroe benchmarks were being released.

intelamduser

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2004
[/list]
Well I bought at about $26 to a tune of $22,000. running at about an $8000 loss today. The whole market is kind of taking a dump right now so maybe this is just the trend.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
My dad bought some Apple stock when it was about $20 many years ago (I wanted some too but he never got around to telling the stock broker to get some for me). It then split and hit about $60 and he sold. I guess that was a bad move because it went on a bit higher... or something

-mcg

JesterX

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
My dad bought some Apple stock when it was about $20 many years ago (I wanted some too but he never got around to telling the stock broker to get some for me). It then split and hit about $60 and he sold. I guess that was a bad move because it went on a bit higher... or something

-mcg

A profit is a profit nonetheless.

bunkgoats

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[/list]
Well I bought at about $26 to a tune of $22,000. running at about an $8000 loss today. The whole market is kind of taking a dump right now so maybe this is just the trend.

I hope that $22,000 represnents only 5% of your total liquid net worth or in other words you have at least $440,000 in liquid assets.

Your $8,000 loss represents a 36% loss. For AMD to get back to 26 p/s it will need to post a 57% return, highly unlikely in one years time.

I am guessing that you bought AMD on or around June 13th 2006.
Had you bought the SP 500 or a basket of United States 500 largest companies on that date, you would have purchased it for 113 p/s (I am using Vanguard's Index that mirriors the SP 500). On the July 21st close it is at appx. 114 and you would have $22,190.

Moral of the story diversify and dollar cost average. The market doesn't reward you for risk you can diversify away. If I were you I would sell 100 shares of my AMD per month until it was about 5% of liquid assets and reinvest it into a broader basket of securities.

Yes the market has taken it in the tail the last few weeks but it is no where close to being down 36%.

I could go on and on, if you have other questions you are welcome to ask. Good luck.

chewbenator

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Yeah, why does AMD need to fanboys to spread lies and half truths, when they do it just as well themselves!

Don't worry, just buy some Intel stock now.

JesterX

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
Yeah, why does AMD need to fanboys to spread lies and half truths, when they do it just as well themselves!

Don't worry, just buy some Intel stock now.

Now is the time to buy Intel stock, its at a very low point.
A friend of mine (an Intel fanboy) bought Intel @ $27 and now he is loosing big time.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

You're from like Hawaii. You haven't been in a state long enough. Their stocl is fallingh because Intel decided that they should devalue the ENTIRE WQORLD DESKTOP MARKET. Both stocks hav ebeen falling since the Conroe prices were announced.

There are OEMs who won't make it through this year. They can't make anymore money(read:raise profits) since HDs, GPUs, Cds, mobos have stabilized and now the BOTTOM HAS DROPPED OUT OF THE CPU DESKTOP MARKET.

WTF!?!?!

maxtoons

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Well, this is what they should get for not being ready for conroe.
they let us all down, the E6600, which is the 3ed fastest Conroe priced @ $316 is faster than FX-62, the fastest AMD priced @ $1000+, what did you expect? :x
Never have I seen such a blood bath in the chips war :cry:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

You're from like Hawaii. You haven't been in a state long enough. Their stocl is fallingh because Intel decided that they should devalue the ENTIRE WQORLD DESKTOP MARKET. Both stocks hav ebeen falling since the Conroe prices were announced.

There are OEMs who won't make it through this year. They can't make anymore money(read:raise profits) since HDs, GPUs, Cds, mobos have stabilized and now the BOTTOM HAS DROPPED OUT OF THE CPU DESKTOP MARKET.

WTF!?!?!Don't blame Intel for this. AMD's the one who's always played the performance/$ card, and now you're sad that Intel has finally called them on it? :roll: