Goog quality compatible carts for the IP4000 (UK PLEASE)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 17, 2005 1:54:26 PM

Can anyone give me a few brand names (So I know what I'm buying) of a good
quality compatible cart for the Cano IP4000.

I want to have the best possible chance of the heads NOT clogging, and that
I get what I pay for in the respect of both Dye based and Pigment based inks
when it comes to the Black carts.

I have read somewhere that some carts contain the exact same ink in both
carts, so your not really getting Pigment and Dye.

Also where would I purchase these from.

Thanks

Mike
May 17, 2005 1:55:55 PM

Sorry about that.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 2:42:09 PM

Mikey wrote:

>Can anyone give me a few brand names (So I know what I'm buying) of a good
>quality compatible cart for the Cano IP4000.
>
>I want to have the best possible chance of the heads NOT clogging, and that
>I get what I pay for in the respect of both Dye based and Pigment based inks
>when it comes to the Black carts.
>
>I have read somewhere that some carts contain the exact same ink in both
>carts, so your not really getting Pigment and Dye.
>
>Also where would I purchase these from.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike

Ink vendors have chosen to either lie or withhold information you need
to make an intelligent buying decision. Most do not want to disclose
who the mfg/formulator or BRAND of what they sell. Most thing the name
compatible is a brand. If they all were to tell you the BRAND then you
could then find it easier to stay away from poor quality merchandise.
You would then not go from one web vendor to another to buy the same ink
you just had trouble with.

If everyone would not buy a pig in a poke they would change their
practices. TO HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE CHANCE NOT TO CLOG YOUR PRINT HEAD
YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING THROUGH IT.

May 17, 2005 3:17:31 PM

Cheers Measekite.

So whats a bloke to do?

Do you have any sugestions for good ink in the UK.

I don't mind refilling, I'm told it's not to bad for the Canon carts.

Thanks Again.

Mike
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 8:10:52 PM

Mikey wrote:

>Cheers Measekite.
>
>So whats a bloke to do?
>
>Do you have any sugestions for good ink in the UK.
>
>I don't mind refilling, I'm told it's not to bad for the Canon carts.
>
>Thanks Again.
>
>Mike

It is difficult. You need to find out who all of the mfg/formulators
are. Then you need to find out who actually used them and what their
experience was. Then you need to find out what vendors sell them;
hopefully you can find multiple vendors selling the same thing.
Unfortunately this same thing will most likely be sold under different
labels.

You may have to call the vendor because the vast vast vast majority of
them are not forthcoming on their website. Then you need to make sure
that the web vendor is a professional organization.

Some people in the UK has used Jetec or something like that and have had
trouble with their ink.

Refilling does not save you that much more than purchasing a prefilled
cart. I would look to that first and avoid the pain in the ass and the
mess. Also you avoid the possibility of making a mistake.

Again, if your print load is not excessive I would stick with Canon ink

May 19, 2005 1:38:24 PM

Could I just raise a point how dya go on for colour matching, is it
better to buy one of each?

If he does a refill on just say one tank, MIGHT he have to set the
RGB ink drive levels to achieve a good grey scale on a small Black
& white picture otherwise he's gonna end up with a coloured
picture with 'whites' tinted.

I doubt anyone could gaurantee if they bought three bottles of
reifill ink that they would produce a good greyscale without having
to adjust, and once set all should be well until the next bottles
or are they all a pretty good match, the paper brand also comes into
play here I guess.

Davy with just a thought.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 8:33:36 PM

Hi Davey,

I recommend JetTec, have been using them for some 3 yrs now, in an old
BJC8200 photo printer.

I get mine from www.mouse2house.co.uk.

The cartridges are made in Boston, Lincs by the largest european
manufacturer of compatibles.

I would also advise the purchase of Cartridge Flush; any sign of a
clogged nozzle when doing a nozzle check can be swiftly remedied by a
soak in this solution.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 3:06:19 PM

Yes, getting accurate grey scale balance can be a problem with 3rd party
inks. Some 3rd party ink companies will provide free profiles. Mixing
and matching and refilling non-virgin carts, mixing inks, can compound
the problems.

Art

!