Help - How do I remove working FAX from our machine?

Is there any easy way to remove 'FAX' ringing from our
home PC? We have DSL running OK. Whenever the
phone rings, the PC also rings. In fact is there any easy
way to remove all of 'FAX' work from our PC ?
We have an WinXP Pro running. Please help. Thanks.

Okie Noah

Hi Okie Noah,

Go to Settings/Printers, right-click the fax icon, choose properties. Go to
the devices tab, click properties. On the recieve tab, uncheck the option
enabling it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any easy way to remove 'FAX' ringing from our
> home PC? We have DSL running OK. Whenever the
> phone rings, the PC also rings. In fact is there any easy
> way to remove all of 'FAX' work from our PC ?
> We have an WinXP Pro running. Please help. Thanks.
>
> Okie Noah

I have un-checked everything. It did quit ringing.
Thank you so much..

Okie Noah

> Hi Okie Noah,
>
> Go to Settings/Printers, right-click the fax icon, choose properties. Go to
> the devices tab, click properties. On the recieve tab, uncheck the option
> enabling it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any easy way to remove 'FAX' ringing from our
>> home PC? We have DSL running OK. Whenever the
>> phone rings, the PC also rings. In fact is there any easy
>> way to remove all of 'FAX' work from our PC ?
>> We have an WinXP Pro running. Please help. Thanks.
>>
>> Okie Noah

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

If you want to remove FAX completely, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove
programs and then to Windows Components and scroll to "FAX Services" and
remove it.

JAX

>I have un-checked everything. It did quit ringing.
> Thank you so much..
>
> Okie Noah

>> Hi Okie Noah,
>>
>> Go to Settings/Printers, right-click the fax icon, choose properties. Go
>> to the devices tab, click properties. On the recieve tab, uncheck the
>> option enabling it.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there any easy way to remove 'FAX' ringing from our
>>> home PC? We have DSL running OK. Whenever the
>>> phone rings, the PC also rings. In fact is there any easy
>>> way to remove all of 'FAX' work from our PC ?
>>> We have an WinXP Pro running. Please help. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Okie Noah

TRENDING THREADS