Replication of NETLOGON share

Here's my situation:

We have three old windows 2000 dc's in three seperate forests. Let's
call them:

oldserver1.domain1.lan
oldserver2.domain2.lan
oldserver3.domain3.lan

There are three physical locations, now with two servers (one old 2000
and one new 2003), connected by T1. We've installed 3 new 2003 dc's (all
dc's for ONE new domain) and migrated users and such from the 3 old
domains to the one new one. Let's call the new servers:

newserver1.newdomain.wan
newserver2.newdomain.wan
newserver3.newdomain.wan

Sysvol share/Active Directory seemed to be replicating okay.

Then, I copied all login scripts from the NETLOGON share of each old
server to its respective new server. All seemed well until the next
week, when it was discovered that all of the new domain controllers
contained ONLY the login scripts from newserver1, and none of their
"own". I manually created some files in both sysvol/newdomain.wan and
sysvol/newdomian.wan/scripts, and forced synchronization using
replmon.exe, but the files did not show up on the other servers.

On the other hand, changes made in Active Dir Users and Computers show
up on the other dc's almost immediately. Does the replication of the
NETLOGON share really take DAYS??? And even if it does, wouldn't forcing
replication do the trick? I'm not sure where to go from here.

TIA,

Arthur

Arthur Smith wrote:
> Here's my situation:
>
> We have three old windows 2000 dc's in three seperate forests. Let's
> call them:
>
> oldserver1.domain1.lan
> oldserver2.domain2.lan
> oldserver3.domain3.lan
>
> There are three physical locations, now with two servers (one old 2000
> and one new 2003), connected by T1. We've installed 3 new 2003 dc's (all
> dc's for ONE new domain) and migrated users and such from the 3 old
> domains to the one new one. Let's call the new servers:
>
> newserver1.newdomain.wan
> newserver2.newdomain.wan
> newserver3.newdomain.wan
>
> Sysvol share/Active Directory seemed to be replicating okay.
>
> Then, I copied all login scripts from the NETLOGON share of each old
> server to its respective new server. All seemed well until the next
> week, when it was discovered that all of the new domain controllers
> contained ONLY the login scripts from newserver1, and none of their
> "own". I manually created some files in both sysvol/newdomain.wan and
> sysvol/newdomian.wan/scripts, and forced synchronization using
> replmon.exe, but the files did not show up on the other servers.
>
> On the other hand, changes made in Active Dir Users and Computers show
> up on the other dc's almost immediately. Does the replication of the
> NETLOGON share really take DAYS??? And even if it does, wouldn't forcing
> replication do the trick? I'm not sure where to go from here.
>
> TIA,
>
> Arthur

Update: As of 9 am this morning, the NETLOGON share has still not
replicated.

Arthur

"" wrote:
> Arthur Smith wrote:
> > Here's my situation:
> >
> > We have three old windows 2000 dc's in three seperate
> forests. Let's
> > call them:
> >
> > oldserver1.domain1.lan
> > oldserver2.domain2.lan
> > oldserver3.domain3.lan
> >
> > There are three physical locations, now with two servers
> (one old 2000
> > and one new 2003), connected by T1. We've installed 3 new
> 2003 dc's (all
> > dc's for ONE new domain) and migrated users and such from
> the 3 old
> > domains to the one new one. Let's call the new servers:
> >
> > newserver1.newdomain.wan
> > newserver2.newdomain.wan
> > newserver3.newdomain.wan
> >
> > Sysvol share/Active Directory seemed to be replicating
> okay.
> >
> > Then, I copied all login scripts from the NETLOGON share of
> each old
> > server to its respective new server. All seemed well until
> the next
> > week, when it was discovered that all of the new domain
> controllers
> > contained ONLY the login scripts from newserver1, and none
> of their
> > "own". I manually created some files in both
> sysvol/newdomain.wan and
> > sysvol/newdomian.wan/scripts, and forced synchronization
> using
> > replmon.exe, but the files did not show up on the other
> servers.
> >
> > On the other hand, changes made in Active Dir Users and
> Computers show
> > up on the other dc's almost immediately. Does the
> replication of the
> > NETLOGON share really take DAYS??? And even if it does,
> wouldn't forcing
> > replication do the trick? I'm not sure where to go from
> here.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Arthur
>

> Update: As of 9 am this morning, the NETLOGON share has still
> not
> replicated.
>
> Arthur

AD uses AD replication and the SYSVOL uses FRS replication. two
separate replication mechanisms. However it should not take that long
to replicate. Check the event logs of the DCs to see what errors have
been logged and post them back with as much info as possible.

Can you also explain the following as I am not sure what you mean?

##
Then, I copied all login scripts from the NETLOGON share of each old
> server to its respective new server. All seemed well until the next
> week, when it was discovered that all of the new domain controllers
> contained ONLY the login scripts from newserver1, and none of their
> "own".
##

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Replication-NETLOGON-share-ftopict403390.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337576