Users from external forest to member server local group

Hi,

We have a mixed mode Windows 2000 domain and we have an external trust with
a domain in different forest.

Is it possible to add global groups from another forest to a local group of
our domain Windows 2003 member server?

I can select a group in ADUC but when I click the ok button I get a error
message "RPC Server is unavailable".

What can cause this?

I can add the another forest groups to the domain local groups of our domain
but I can not add these groups to the member servers access control lists.

You can't use ADUC to set membership on member servers, ADUC works against AD,
you need to work against the local SAM database on the member servers.

Look at lusrmgr.msc

But yes, if the AD forest trusts another domain, any members of that forest
should be able to use global groups from the foreign domain.

www.joeware.net