Prevent DC from acting as logon server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 2, 2005 3:03:11 PM

Hello All,

I need to attach a DC from our backup site to our LAN but I don't want it to
start acting as a logon server for users or trying to ammend active
directory.

Is there anyway to disable its Domain Controller functionality whilst it is
attached to the LAN and then re-enable it when it returns to the DR site?

Many thanks in advance, Simon.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:44:20 PM

Simon wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I need to attach a DC from our backup site to our LAN but I don't want it to
> start acting as a logon server for users or trying to ammend active
> directory.
>
> Is there anyway to disable its Domain Controller functionality whilst it is
> attached to the LAN and then re-enable it when it returns to the DR site?
>
> Many thanks in advance, Simon.

stop netlogon service

--
Tomasz Onyszko