Prevent DC from acting as logon server

Hello All,

I need to attach a DC from our backup site to our LAN but I don't want it to
start acting as a logon server for users or trying to ammend active
directory.

Is there anyway to disable its Domain Controller functionality whilst it is
attached to the LAN and then re-enable it when it returns to the DR site?

Many thanks in advance, Simon.
1 answer Last reply
More about prevent acting logon server

    Simon wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I need to attach a DC from our backup site to our LAN but I don't want it to
    > start acting as a logon server for users or trying to ammend active
    > directory.
    >
    > Is there anyway to disable its Domain Controller functionality whilst it is
    > attached to the LAN and then re-enable it when it returns to the DR site?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance, Simon.

    stop netlogon service

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko