Allow a domain user to change local permissions on domain ..

Hi

I would like give a domain user permission to change and reset
file/share permissions locally on computers which are joined to our
domain. I have delegated permission for them to add/remove computers
from the 'Computers' folder in Active Directory Computers and Users, and
also add/remove users from the '*ourdomain* users' and *ourdomain
groups'. Is this a group policy change I need to make?

Thanks for your help

T.
1 answer Last reply
More about allow domain user change local permissions domain

    "" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like give a domain user permission to change and reset
    >
    > file/share permissions locally on computers which are joined
    > to our
    > domain. I have delegated permission for them to add/remove
    > computers
    > from the 'Computers' folder in Active Directory Computers and
    > Users, and
    > also add/remove users from the '*ourdomain* users' and
    > *ourdomain
    > groups'. Is this a group policy change I need to make?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > T.

    Move the computers to an OU. It is not possible to apply a GPO to the
    computers container.

    Create a group and use the restricted group feature to that group to
    the local administrators group on each computer/client in the domain.

    concerning the users and groups I don’t understand what you mean

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-domain-user-change-local-permissions-domain-machines-ftopict403687.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337577

Domain Computers Active Directory Permissions Windows