Allow a domain user to change local permissions on domain ..

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Computers
  • Active Directory
  • Permissions
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 2, 2005 7:19:27 PM

Hi

I would like give a domain user permission to change and reset
file/share permissions locally on computers which are joined to our
domain. I have delegated permission for them to add/remove computers
from the 'Computers' folder in Active Directory Computers and Users, and
also add/remove users from the '*ourdomain* users' and *ourdomain
groups'. Is this a group policy change I need to make?

Thanks for your help

T.

More about : domain user change local permissions domain

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:36:53 AM

"" wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like give a domain user permission to change and reset
>
> file/share permissions locally on computers which are joined
> to our
> domain. I have delegated permission for them to add/remove
> computers
> from the 'Computers' folder in Active Directory Computers and
> Users, and
> also add/remove users from the '*ourdomain* users' and
> *ourdomain
> groups'. Is this a group policy change I need to make?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> T.

Move the computers to an OU. It is not possible to apply a GPO to the
computers container.

Create a group and use the restricted group feature to that group to
the local administrators group on each computer/client in the domain.

concerning the users and groups I don’t understand what you mean

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-domain-us...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337577
!