Service account expired

Hello,

One of our SA-accounts has expired, but because of a password history policy
(last 10 passwords remembered), i cannot change it to what it was. Is there a
way to get around this policy? I don't want to change it to a new one.

Best regards,

tyonden

To rephrase your question

Hi I would like to completely circumvent the security policy of my company, can
you help me?

The answer is actually yes, you can change the password 11 times and that last
time is the old password.

Now having said that, who would do such a silly thing as to try and override
their corporate security policy? This would be indicative of not setting the
environment up properly. Password changes shouldn't be painful unless people
have done silly things with the dependency on an ID/Password. The Exchange 5.5
Service ID for instance was a great example of something silly.

www.joeware.net

Tyonden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of our SA-accounts has expired, but because of a password history policy
> (last 10 passwords remembered), i cannot change it to what it was. Is there a
> way to get around this policy? I don't want to change it to a new one.

No, You have to change it to new password

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

Thank you for the response.

But when changing it 11 times i will be 11 X 14 (Mininum password age) days
father. When i reset the password in Active Directory it doesn't work!

Best regards,

Tyonden

Oh you have a minimum password policy too? Then you have no option but to change
the policy.

www.joeware.net