2003 profile directory

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 2, 2005 3:30:37 PM

I have a share:
\\servername\profiles

in each user's profile path I have:
\\servername\Profiles\%username%

how do I make sure that the administrator has access to each of the users's
profile directory?

when I try to browse the user's profile directory, I cannot browse it,
because the owner of the directory is the user.

thanks.

More about : 2003 profile directory

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:30:38 PM

none wrote:
> I have a share:
> \\servername\profiles
>
> in each user's profile path I have:
> \\servername\Profiles\%username%
>
> how do I make sure that the administrator has access to each of the users's
> profile directory?
>
> when I try to browse the user's profile directory, I cannot browse it,
> because the owner of the directory is the user.
>
> thanks.

I use a third party management tool called Hyena, which allows me to set
whatever user or group i want to be owner of user's profiles and home
directories. I'm not sure how to do it otherwise. Perhaps with CACLS or
SUBINACLS.

-Arthur
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:52:13 PM

Check to see if the admin account has full permission rights to the Profiles
folder with the allow propagation to sub folders checked.

"none" <none @ none dot com> wrote in message
> I have a share:
> \\servername\profiles
>
> in each user's profile path I have:
> \\servername\Profiles\%username%
>
> how do I make sure that the administrator has access to each of the
users's
> profile directory?
>
> when I try to browse the user's profile directory, I cannot browse it,
> because the owner of the directory is the user.
>
> thanks.

August 2, 2005 7:14:27 PM

yes, I have those checked.

I had to remove the creator owner and change it to creator group so admin
can see when the user directory is created.

news:o g5rNN5lFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!