Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Not allowing duplicate names for same IP

Tags:
  • IP
  • Microsoft
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:28:28 PM

Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or overwrite a
previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3 server.

More about : allowing duplicate names

August 3, 2005 1:10:48 PM

badar11@gmail.com wrote:

> Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
> overwrite a previous name with the new one in a DNS
> running on Win 2k3 server.

You'll have to explain in a bit more detail what your
problem is and what you are trying to achieve. Not enough
information!

Cheers,

Cliff

August 5, 2005 4:36:56 AM

"" wrote:
> Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
> overwrite a
> previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3
> server.

what do you mean?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-allowing-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337578