Not allowing duplicate names for same IP

Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or overwrite a
previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3 server.

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

badar11@gmail.com wrote:

> Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
> overwrite a previous name with the new one in a DNS
> running on Win 2k3 server.

You'll have to explain in a bit more detail what your
problem is and what you are trying to achieve. Not enough
information!

Cheers,

Cliff

"" wrote:
> Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
> overwrite a
> previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3
> server.

what do you mean?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-allowing-duplicate-IP-ftopict403738.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337578