Not allowing duplicate names for same IP

Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or overwrite a
previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3 server.
2 answers Last reply
More about allowing duplicate names

    badar11@gmail.com wrote:

    > Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
    > overwrite a previous name with the new one in a DNS
    > running on Win 2k3 server.

    You'll have to explain in a bit more detail what your
    problem is and what you are trying to achieve. Not enough
    information!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    "" wrote:
    > Can I block duplication of hostnames for the same IP, or
    > overwrite a
    > previous name with the new one in a DNS running on Win 2k3
    > server.

    what do you mean?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-allowing-duplicate-IP-ftopict403738.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337578