Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
So thought I'd make a post on it. Dunno if we are gonna be organised enough to start a clan and with most of ye (I think) over in the states I wouldn't really be a part of it. But I reckon it would be cool to meet up on an quiet server for a match one of these days.

So if you are interested leave your name and a suggestion for date and time to meet up. If someone knows of a nice quiet IRC place to meet up first that would be cool. Any other suggestions work away.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

IRC?

Join the THGC IRC Chat hub1.oddnet.net port 6667 #tomshardware: Click here for the Java Client

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

riser

Illustrious
The only problems I have with clans.. is that they always want to play at "9pm, saturday night."

Why not, Sunday night, 7pm, or Monday, 8pm? Why does it need to be the most important day of the week that everyone picks to sit on their computer at home playing computer games?? Why??

I'm good to play M-W.. most of the time.. if it's after 8 or 9.. but I might be under a mild influence..so my reflexes will be prime.. haha

lol - that's nerds for you.

I'd never join a clan - unless it was a humerous one, that wasn't really a clan.

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

riser

Illustrious
my teamkills are so high because i've normally had a few drinks before I start playing..

when you're a squad leader, people spawn on you.. some guy joined my squad, spawned on me while I was at an enemy base. spawns right in front of me and I lit him up.. funny as hell to me.. he didn't think so though.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Yup, for the obsessed gamer they usually have nothing else to do on a Saturday nite. Now just cos I'm not going out this Saturday relates more to the price of a pint in London, the state of my bank balance and the fact I don't get paid till Tuesday altho I got me a little smokable stuff lying around somewhere if I can find it. Last seen lying under a pile of smelly underwear.

Back on topic I'm not really suggesting a clan, more of just a meet up for a game sometime in the future.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
I wouldn't want anyone spawning on me. Specially not a bloke. I'd draw the line at a frog really.

pauldh

Illustrious
With people from all over, we'd have a hard time pulling this off. My 8:00 PM would be DH's 5:00 PM and someone elses 2:00 AM. It would seem a weekend would be on only chance we'd have to get the most people able to join in.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

riser

Illustrious
Saturday morning I'm recovering from my late nights on Fridays. Saturday nights, I'm out making a late night. I have Sunday's open to kill people in games. :)

I'm Eastern time.. but I don't play all that often.. I spend more time drinking in a week than I play in a month.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Well I'm currently off my face drunk. Give me 30 mpre minutes I also intend to be high as well

dhlucke

Polypheme
We'll just use a clan name so we can identify each other. Not to go around taunting people and bein knobs.

As far as organizing. I'm pacific, so I'm still at the office and it's 7PM eastern.

I'll be on tonight most likely though. I veg on fri nights.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny

pauldh

Illustrious
I'm with you. Friday night we have a family game night (kids are young so it works :tongue: ) and once the kids are in bed, I veg! You'd have to pay me or give me Rangers tickets to get me out on a Friday night nowadays.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

What game? Or did I miss that?

dhlucke

Polypheme
We mentioned it in another thread.

Battlefield 2.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)

dhlucke

Polypheme
Anyone know how to make a BF2 signature without too much trouble?

XxxxX
(='.'=)

riser

Illustrious
I haven't looked yet, but I think they added something in there so you could add your clan tags without too much trouble.

I'm East coast. We never go out until 10-11pm at night, so I have a couple open hours Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Sunday through Wednesday, hours vary, depending what I do.

For the past 6 months I've been going out 6 nights a week.. haha. It's sad. I spent $1,000 in a week recently just going out. Staying in might not be such a bad thing this winter. haha

dhlucke

Polypheme
These knobs that fly helicopters above the clouds to create a spawn point piss me off.

XxxxX
(='.'=)

riser

Illustrious
It's the role of a good squad leader.. and annoying as hell. haha.

Every squad leader I find always gets into the fire fight and dies right away.. it's like.. you idiot, hold back, let them fight for you.. you're just there to take an objective.. when you get it, get into the fight. Don't go halfway across the map just to die.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Right, but what I'm pissed about is the fact that they are taking advantage of the max draw distance. They go high enough so that nobody can see them since no video card renders at that distance.

XxxxX
(='.'=)

riser

Illustrious
Yeah, EA hasn't been exactly good on releasing patches for that stuff either.. It'll be another 2-3 months before you see a patch out of them to fix that stuff.
But then again, it also comes down to your team playing as a team to take that helicopter out. If they get a helo, so does your team..

I was playing with a good squad the other day. I was flying, they were on the ground telling me what targets to hit. I'd bomb, strafe, they'd move in, take a target. I kept doing this, bombing the hell out of locations with a bomber while they'd take it over. It was good work.
On the ground, it was working good with them, taking objectives like it was nothing.

It's just a matter of getting on a team with people who know what they're doing. It's so much easier when people have voice to communicate this stuff, but no one wants to take advantage of it. It doesn't cause lag or anything that I've noticed. But you get the annoying people who want to chat the whole time.

pauldh

Illustrious
I want the parachute award too. But not the purple heart. ;)

pauldh

Illustrious
I wasn't aware people were doing that with the helicopters, but thx for the tip. ;)

I am so aweful flying, but even I could go up and stay up.