AD Vs Trusts - Your thoughts?

Hi all!

We have two small offices in different towns to link together via VPN.
The main office is running a Win2k domain with active directory.

The second office is about to be set up. It will have another Win2k
server.

We're having a discussion on the various pros and cons of having the
second office as a "sub domain" of the first, vs having it as a
completely separate domain with reciprocal trusts.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc?

thanks for your input!

MH

You can make that a child domain or another dc off the other domain. There
is no reason to create another separate domain because of the vpn. There are
lots of white papers on using vpn's and active directory with no problems.
Is it a static vpn, always on, or a demand dial? Either one will work you
just have to set up replication times a little differently.

--
BRIAN EDWARDO
brianedwardo@email.uophx.com