Sign in with
Your question

WARNING!? BFG 7600 GT OC using 3D Fusion PCB!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 22, 2006 2:26:00 AM

I just bought the BFG 7600 GT OC from Comp USA and it has a dark blue color and different caps than the green pcb reference board. So, has anyone seen this, or heard anything?
3D Fusion is the budget brand of BFG and the components are cheaper. This is B.S. and I am exchanging it for the 'regular' BFG version.
I also waited 30mins on BFG tech support and got - "duhh it's the same, right?"
July 22, 2006 4:09:02 PM

Lol if it works well why complain?
July 22, 2006 4:36:09 PM

Hey Evil,
try to return it and go for the 7900 GT OC....it's an A@@ kickin card man. I have 2 of em in SLI and they ROOOOOCK !!!! :lol: 

When I bought them I asked the dudes in Tech supp to test them in SLI BEFORE shipping them to me. REason being is that I am sure that when the cards are "tested", they are only tested for playability (is that a word)
anyway, and I didn't want to get 2 incompatible cards and go through the RMA thing again. Bottom line, they agreed to do that and they ran loop tests AND game tests in a rig that was compatible with my specs. The guy even gave me his office number and said that if I ever had any issues with them to call HIM personally and they would sort it out...now THAT"S service man.

Anyway just some pause for thought. I know it doesn't quite solve your problem but since you mentioned that you might return your 7600 fusion for another BFG card I thought I might pose another option.
Hope this helps man.....cheers

RIG specs
Antec P180 PerformanceSeries Mid-Tower Case
SeaSonic S12 600 watt power supply
Asus A8N32 SLI mobo AMD N-Force 4 SLIX16 bios 1103 V02.58
RealTek 97 onboard digital 5.1 Surround
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo Core, 2 X 1mb L2 cache (AMD drivers w/MS hotfix)
2 gigs of Corsair TwinX3500LL Pro @ 437Mhz 2-3-2-6-1T
2- BFG Tech 7900 GT OC 256mb in SLI (nvidia driver 91.31)
Western Digital RAPTOR 74.3 gig 10-K rpm HDD for XP & Apps
Maxtor SATA II 250 G HDD for gaming, movies, MP3's
Maxtor SATA II 250 G HDD for document backup (unplugged)
Sony CD rom 52X
Plextor 708-A DVD/CD rom
Logitech Z-5500 digital 5.1 THX Surround 500watts
Related resources
July 22, 2006 8:39:01 PM

Quote:

try to return it and go for the 7900 GT OC....it's an A@@ kickin card man.

What a dumb post.
He's trying to return a 7600GT, I'm sure that if he could afford a 7900GT, then he'd have bought one already :roll:
July 22, 2006 11:41:59 PM

Well Gee genetic I wish we were ALL as wise and smart and critical as you are. Oh and by the way....
Way to go for shooting down someone who was just trying to help.....
I wish I was as smart and knowedgeable as you were... Gee then I would not have made this dumb post...........
And to do YOU one better oh wise one....
This message will go to Evil and to whomever else I offended with my.... as you quoted "What a dumb post"
I sincerely apologize to Evil for assuming you had umlimited funds. I should not have suggested such a pathetic post without first consulitng with Genetic. I'm really sorry and I will not comment on this post again.
July 23, 2006 12:06:24 AM

Quote:
Well Gee genetic I wish we were ALL as wise and smart and critical as you are. Oh and by the way....
Way to go for shooting down someone who was just trying to help.....
I wish I was as smart and knowedgeable as you were... Gee then I would not have made this dumb post...........
And to do YOU one better oh wise one....
This message will go to Evil and to whomever else I offended with my.... as you quoted "What a dumb post"
I sincerely apologize to Evil for assuming you had umlimited funds. I should not have suggested such a pathetic post without first consulitng with Genetic. I'm really sorry and I will not comment on this post again.

tee hee

As for the OP, I've never really heard of that company... But I would imagine it's similiar to Sapphire being owned by ATI right?
July 23, 2006 3:36:05 AM

Update:

Ok, so I went ahead and tested the card in my new motherboard. It's a piece of crap ECS RC410L/800M, but it came with a Pentium D 805 (Fry's combo $130) so I might as well use it in the meantime. I plan on getting a good overclocking mboard later to get the 805 up to 4GHz.

The ouput of the video card was way off-color and everything had a blue tint to it. I didn't get a chance to see if this one was OC'd b/c I am still in the process of installing windows. Although, it did have the same BIOS version as the 'regular' BFG 7600 GT OC - 5.73.22.18.04. Another red flag stood out when I went to Fry's to get a look at some more BFG 7600GTs (they all have a window on the box) and saw 5 with the blue '3D Fusion' pcb's. Each and every one had been returned 8O

I just exchanged the blue one for the green 'reference' 7600 GT and all is well so far. I just finished my OS install and am about to load the drivers and do some benchmarking.

One last note: sure I could have kept the 3d Fusion board b/c it may have worked fine, but I paid extra for the BFG version. $200 is nothing to sneeze at for me and I am not putting up with cheaper components. BFG technical support even told me that the 3D Fusion line uses cheaper components. Now, if I could just get that XP SP2 crack to work...doh'
July 23, 2006 4:29:52 AM

You are aware that BFG uses the name 3D Fuzion for their lower end cards? BFG does use blue PCB's. Also I've seen cards that are vendor specific, for example there was an XFX Geforce 7900gt at newegg with a brown pcb and yellow dvi while the IDENTICAL part down to XFX's part number at Zipzoomfly had a blue pcb with white dvi ports. Perhaps you've run into a similar situation with the retailer. Tends to be an easy way for vendors to tell if it's their card or not and for the maker to have an idea where the card was sold.
July 23, 2006 7:08:38 PM

i have the bfg 7600gt oc and it is green

edited by me
!